Andrew Jackson concept for football and ice hockey

Jaybird

Since there have been two posts on logos based on Presidents Washington and Lincoln, I would like to add another President to my ideas: Old Hickory himself, Andrew Jackson.

I would like some help on some concepts for sports logos for ice hockey and arena football (AF2) should Jackson, MS get a team. The team could be called the Jackson Action, the Jackson Senators, or the Jackson Generals.

Here are my concepts:

For hockey: a logo based on the famous Andrew Jackson on a horse statue in Jackson Square in New Orleans. My idea would be General Jackson riding on a horse with a hockey stick held high in his hand like a sword or the hockey stick held in his hands high above his head.

For football: a caricarture of Andrew Jackson running with a football similar to the Heisman trophy pose.

Also, the colors I would like to see used are Navy Blue (for Ole Miss), maroon (for Mississippi State), bright gold (like Arizona State or Iowa uses, for Southern Mississippi), white (for Jackson State), and gray (both Ole Miss and State use gray trim).

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Possibly, but I sure hope so. The city of Jackson, MS was planning a new arena to be built near the new convention center. This plan was under the administration of former Mayor Frank Melton, but legal troubles and then his death put the plan on hold. Now with Harvey Johnson, Jr. elected as Mayor, the idea could be restarted again.

Possibly, but I sure hope so. The city of Jackson, MS was planning a new arena to be built near the new convention center. This plan was under the administration of former Mayor Frank Melton, but legal troubles and then his death put the plan on hold. Now with Harvey Johnson, Jr. elected as Mayor, the idea could be restarted again.

You're missing my point...

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, here's a few of my ideas.

Stop posting "ideas" and do it yourself.

If you really must see this, post it in requests, although I don't know why someone would do it "just to see it".

I'm not really that good of an artist. I just wanted some help.

Archived