Uniform Atrocity

In 5..4..3..2..1

My son started playing Pop Warner this year and not only are they monochrome Navy Blue at home but yes this kills me Blue socks with the Blue pants both home and away. One worse is I'm coaching and get to see this up close and personal for the next 8 weeks. I'm going to see if I can get this changed in the future.I'll have some photos after this weekends game.

I know. I've watched my kid's YFL change uniforms inexplicably each of the last 3 years. And memorial patches... last year they had 2; 1 for a student that died, and one for the local YFL founder. We've got some kind of hideous Adidas white yoke on black Jersey with Black Pants and black socks. And of the 6 other teams in the league, 3 of them BESIDES ours have black as one of the main colors. I think it's a rule, somewhere, that if you are under 13, the uniform must make the eyes bleed.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

However when I played we had very basic and classic uni's. Home uni's White helmets no decals/Royal Blue jerseys White numbers trimmed in Red with a White/Red/White stripe on the shoulders White pants / White socks with Blue/Red/Blue stripes. Road unis White helmet/White jerseys Royal Blue numbers trimmed in Red with a Thick Royal Blue/thin White/Red/thin White/Blue stripe on the shoulders Blue pants with a White/Red/White stripe and white socks with a Blue/Red/Blue stripes. It's funny how uniforms have changed with the times even on the youth level.

Archived