Iron City Forge

jeh-see

crkreider22 posted in the Request thread for help coming up with his Pittsburgh-based NAHL team. He and I agreed on the "Iron City Forge" name and I put together this package for him, along with some of the unused marks. C and C welcome.

PRIMARY LOGO

Iron-City-Primary-2.jpg

SECONDARY/SHOULDER LOGO

Iron-City-Alternate-Seconda.jpg

ALTERNATE LOGO

Iron-City-Secondary-3.jpg

ALTERNATE HELMET DECAL

Iron-City-AltSeca.jpg

WORDMARKS

Iron-City-Forge-Wordmark-1.jpg

HOME/AWAY/ALTERNATE UNIFORMS

ICFHB-2.jpgIron-City-Away-burnt-2.jpgICFAU5.jpg

I think the first unused mark (the one with the smelting pot) is top notch. And is strong enough to be the primary. It does seem like it's just pouring into empty space, but I don't have a good suggestion on how to improve it. Besides, I think that's a minor quibble.

The anvil looks like it only goes one way. I think if you can add the nub thing to the back side (just have it peek a little) it will look more complete. In both logos in which it's used, I think at least the back side needs to behind the circle and possibly the front bottom part as well.

I love the shoulder logo with the skyline in the hatched steel. But what is the significance of the castle towers?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

No offense but what is up with the primary? What is it supposed to be? I think it's a bucket pouring the liquid, but at first glance it looks like some superhero using laser vision and blowing stuff up. :blink:

You might wanna look into that. On the other hand, that anvil logo is sweet.

It is a foundry crucible found in steel mills and iron foundries that have become virtually synonymous with Pittsburgh. You are right, it is pouring molten steel with the resulting back splash, sparks and smoke/steam. It's about as good as I, personally, can render it. And thank you for the kind words for the anvil logo.

UniJ

No offense but what is up with the primary? What is it supposed to be? I think it's a bucket pouring the liquid, but at first glance it looks like some superhero using laser vision and blowing stuff up. :blink:

You might wanna look into that. On the other hand, that anvil logo is sweet.

It is a foundry crucible found in steel mills and iron foundries that have become virtually synonymous with Pittsburgh. You are right, it is pouring molten steel with the resulting back splash, sparks and smoke/steam. It's about as good as I, personally, can render it. And thank you for the kind words for the anvil logo.

UniJ

If you're willing to change it, liquids from a bucket (assuming you're looking on a straight view into it) pour from the edges and not necessarily the middle. It 'runs'. To fix this, you could make the middle (of the bucket) the endpoint and having the lava flow from that; like a triangle.

Archived