New Dayton Logo

matthager

NewLogo.png

I'm not very good at logo design, but I so throughly hate my alma mater's logo that I felt something needed to be done. Here's my crappy attempt.

The background is the skyline of the city of Dayton, FYI. The current school colors are red and royal blue, but the Flyers used to use a lighter shade. I love the lighter blue, so I tried to bring it back here.

You're new here, so I'll be somewhat gentle. So many people try the city skyline thing, but most of the time it's not effective. Why? Because there are only so many truly iconic skylines. New York, Seattle, maybe Miami and that's about it for US cities. You could throw Cleveland in there, but only if you focused on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. In addition, royal blue and red tend to vibrate when they are placed next to each other. Throw in the ungodly bright shade of cyan you are using, and it's pretty hard to look at. Your fonts aren't tilted at the same angle, and you definitely need thicker, bolder lines. If you came back with something that utilizes the paragraph of C&C I just gave you, then you'd be onto something.

Yea, let me give you some insight here: Never use the basic color pallet in Paint. Like bohob said, it really makes it uneasy on the eyes, and not only that, it looks unprofessional. I also echo what he said about the skyline, so I'd either rethink it or execute it better.

Archived