Colorado State get football uniform makeover

roxfan00

Posted February 18, 2010, 11:33 am

Rams get football uniform makeover

By Natalie Meisler

Just got off the phone with Steve Fairchild about Colorado State?s new football uniforms.

?Russell is going to do something specifically for CSU and no other school will have them,? Fairchild said. The helmets will remain unchanged, but the long-time Nike footwear switches to custom-made shoes by Under Armour, the branding du jour for athletes.

There is a chance, he said, of following the national trend and breaking out retro uniforms like the basketball team did recently. That?s right, a color scheme with Aggies orange and green (or pumpkin and alfalfa in the official school announcements).

You love it or hate. There?s no in between. If I thought the orange basketball jerseys looked bad in person, they were worse when I caught a replay on The Mtn. I am in the minority on this issue.

Fairchild said the Rams will not follow the all-black trend. It has nothing to do with black being arch-rival Colorado?s color. He hadn?t thought about it until the subject was raised.

Players and staff will have input and the final design won?t be unveiled until before the season. Fairchild is undecided whether to introduce them in a press conference (or fashion show) setting.

The big priority now is interviewing candidates for the staff vacancy. He won?t give any hints but interviews are ongoing.

Denver Post

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Posted February 18, 2010, 11:33 am

Rams get football uniform makeover

By Natalie Meisler

Just got off the phone with Steve Fairchild about Colorado State’s new football uniforms.

“Russell is going to do something specifically for CSU and no other school will have them,” Fairchild said. The helmets will remain unchanged, but the long-time Nike footwear switches to custom-made shoes by Under Armour, the branding du jour for athletes.

Not until 2011, anyway...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived