Treasure Trove of Old NFL Pics

BlueSky

I like the logo a lot better with just "Steel." It makes it feel like nickname developed out of being a U.S. Steel company team or something. They are representing steel, thus they themselves are Steel-ers.

I remember one of the first times I was in Pittsburgh, I saw that Steel logo on the side of an old building or warehouse, and I said to my friend - holy s - I can't believe they'd rip off the Steelers logo like that!

^_^ I thought the same thing the first time I ever saw the Steelmark - I believe it was on a can of spray paint when I was like 8.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the logo a lot better with just "Steel." It makes it feel like nickname developed out of being a U.S. Steel company team or something. They are representing steel, thus they themselves are Steel-ers.

I remember one of the first times I was in Pittsburgh, I saw that Steel logo on the side of an old building or warehouse, and I said to my friend - holy s - I can't believe they'd rip off the Steelers logo like that!

Hey, at least you didn't ask who these guys are that ripped off Puff Daddy's Biggie tribute.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...

Somebody posted the opening credits of the 1970 flop Number One on YouTube. Charlton Heston played the Saints' QB, but alas, even Moses couldn't breathe life into that Saints team. :D The clip is basically all vintage NFL Films footage and has great shots of several different teams and the Saints' gorgeous late '60's unis. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbRxfIoKkM

At the end it has a website where you can supposedly get it on DVD. I'm checking that out and if I get it, I'll post the NFL footage that's of interest.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived