A's (and other teams) batting helmet questions

hormone

I was quite happy when the Cubs got rid of the red-billed hat. There's still a place for a red-billed Cubs hat, but that place is the minor leagues (sort of like how the place for their alternates is batting practice). It never looked right to me. The Tigers' road hat is pointless (there's enough white on the jerseys that it matches just fine), and the Cardinals' road hat is just ugly and dilutes the whole red brand. Those are small and easy fixes; enough has been said about the real messes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree. The Cubs look much better with the all blue hat on the road. I to woud like to see the Cardinals lose the navy cap. Aside from red being such a large part of their identity, the red looks better with the road jersey. I don't know how the 90's format of "colored brim at home, solid color on the road" came about, but I don't think it improved aesthetics. Even the Indians and Mariners of the late 90's (both of whose road looks I really liked) would have been better wearing their home caps on the road.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived