Intramural Hockey Team

J Blackhawk

Starting up an intramural hockey team this coming winter, so I've been working with some concepts for a team logo. We'll be playing in the intramural program at Minnesota State University Mankato.

We had a lot of discussion on a team mascot, and we finally agreed on the Mankato Musketeers. Currently our team colors with be green & white. Been sketching a lot of ideas, and finally finished up a quick illustration of our main logo.

Also working on a script logo at the moment as well.

This is just a first draft, hoping to add more to it.

Any C&C greatly appreciated.

Untitled-1-5.jpg

I'd bring the hat further down too so it looks like it's hanging on the M instead of floating.

First order of business :D

Here's the first draft of the script logo that I have been tooling with. Very basic at the moment. It's the concept I want, but like it was said before, it's going to need a lot more.

Scriptlogo.jpg

Having a hard time deciding on script at the moment. Tried my hand a drawn script, but it just got a little too complex.

It's hard to find a middle ground between busy and boring with the type of script I want.

What do you guys think? What kind of word-mark would work best with this mascot/team?

Had more free time tonight than I previously thought I would. Motoring along on the main script logo. More than likely, however this turns out, this will be on the front. The jersey company we are using will do chest, shoulder, and numbers/names. Not too sure one what will end up on the shoulders, or what kind of numbering we'll do. But anyway... more updates on the main script logo.

New letterforms, darker green, small revisions to the sword and hat.

Scriptlogo-1.jpg

I'm liking where this is going.

I am liking the latest version of the hat and the resting on the "M" is a cool idea, but I think it worked better with the "pointier" M.

I think a simpler serif font would work best along the lines of the font on this poster

And for some reason I like the handle of the sword the way you had it first (the orientation, I mean)

Archived