The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum

mdc4matt

Hey guys, this is a logo design I have wanted to tackle for a while. You do not hear much about the Negro Leagues Baseball Hall of Fame and I wish they would get more publicity based on the impact both the league and players had on the MLB.

Here is a link to their current website which displays their current logo. NLBM

Here is my re-design, any feedback would be appreciated.

negro-leagues-wood.png?t=1280585729

NLBM.png

This is what I am seeing:

I think it needs to be a diamond. Not necessarily the way I have it laid out, but you can see that it eliminates a lot of negative space when you make it a true diamond. If you do this you will have to shorten the bat too.

Put some highlight on the bat. Perhaps a dark wood color to help make it look better.

The 'E' in the word the extends all the way to the end. I suggest putting a small break in there where the 'E' would usually end.

The lettering looks good but the letters should also look the same. For example the 'E' in Negro has no serif while the 'E' in Leagues does. If it were me, I would opt for no serif on any letter. But if that doesn't work, scrap the font all together and go for a vintage 30's or 40's style.

I think this is a pretty neat logo and I look forward to seeing how you progress and improve the look. I hope this has helped.

Wow, this is a great, great start. Jay brought up some good points...I'd either put the points on every letter or none of them. I think you could probably lose the texture on both the wordmark/outline and on the field and just use flat colors to represent the field. It's recognizable as the field without the grass texture.

Archived