Minnesota Amateur Baseball Concepts

Punch

I haven't really gotten enough criticism for any of my concepts, so I'll just assume they are perfect and move on to the next team.

Here are the Jordan Brewers. I'm proud of the logo I made, because it is my first actual sports logo that I've attempted. It may not be very good to you, but I'm proud of it. It is a beer can shape with "JORDAN BREWERS est. 1967" text within it, along with the JB cap logo.

I also used a monochrome uniform for this concept. I've frequented UniWatch, and love the monochrome in baseball series. That inspired me to create a monochrome uniform.

If you could, I'd appreciate C&C for the uniforms as well as the logo.

jordanbrewersuniforms1.png

I'll start working on new teams tonight and tomorrow. I'll pick teams based on requests from the thread, most likely on a first come-first serve basis.

Punch9

I don't know if you have name suggestions yet, but Savage should be horse related if you are going to do them.

I'm not making up team names. These are actual teams from Minnesota. Savage's team is named the Outlaws.

I hate to be the guy that rains on your parade, but you're not really creating logos. Your uniform designs are good, but you're just using monograms and wordmarks. It's a great place to start but try to take some more time and create some real logos. I had the same problem when I started but when you take your time and work out a real logo, you'll feel great about your designing. Keep working but just take time to try some new stuff.

g4104.png

I hate to be the guy that rains on your parade, but you're not really creating logos. Your uniform designs are good, but you're just using monograms and wordmarks. It's a great place to start but try to take some more time and create some real logos. I had the same problem when I started but when you take your time and work out a real logo, you'll feel great about your designing. Keep working but just take time to try some new stuff.

To be honest, my purpose with this series isn't to create logos. I love designing uniforms. My logos that I create aren't good, but they are just part of the concept. The reason I create logos for any of my uniform concepts is to use them as shoulder patches.

To be honest, my purpose with this series isn't to create logos. I love designing uniforms. My logos that I create aren't good, but they are just part of the concept. The reason I create logos for any of my uniform concepts is to use them as shoulder patches.

Fair enough. My point is just that you'll never get better at designing logos if you don't keep trying at it. But if designing uniforms is what you'd like to stick to, you're doing a good job and keep it up.

g4104.png

Fair enough. My point is just that you'll never get better at designing logos if you don't keep trying at it. But if designing uniforms is what you'd like to stick to, you're doing a good job and keep it up.

I enjoy uniform designing more than logos at this point. But, I'm still practicing drawing logos. When I think I've made a logo worthy of C&C, I'll post it up here.

Love the Jordan Brewers concept! I'll have to show a few people from here what you came up with. So happy you stayed with the classic gold/green. That alternate would look killer on the field.

Only suggestion I have is to match the front number to the back number on the home and away jersey. If you're going to have a gold stomach number, have it be gold on the back as well. Other than that, pretty classic!

northstars.jpg

Love the Jordan Brewers concept! I'll have to show a few people from here what you came up with. So happy you stayed with the classic gold/green. That alternate would look killer on the field.

Only suggestion I have is to match the front number to the back number on the home and away jersey. If you're going to have a gold stomach number, have it be gold on the back as well. Other than that, pretty classic!

I was just going to say the same thing...I think if you match both numbers and the wordmark, you have a winner with the Brewers!

And I'm the same as you...I really love designing uniforms, but not so much the logos. It takes some getting used to, but keep working at it!

I enjoy uniform designing more than logos at this point. But, I'm still practicing drawing logos. When I think I've made a logo worthy of C&C, I'll post it up here.

I think you have the order backwards. I am not particularly good at logos yet, but I am certainly getting better, and I think that you shouldnt wait to put a logo up "worthy" of c&c, i think the c&c helps you make logos better and learn.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think the people on the boards can give you good advice and make your logo designs better.

RockiesSig.png

I think you have the order backwards. I am not particularly good at logos yet, but I am certainly getting better, and I think that you shouldnt wait to put a logo up "worthy" of c&c, i think the c&c helps you make logos better and learn.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think the people on the boards can give you good advice and make your logo designs better.

Right now, I'm more interested in uniforms, but I am very certain that I'll be putting logos up in the concepts section in the future. I just don't think this thread is the proper time to introduce my logos. I want it to be more centered around uniforms.

Anyway, here is the Brewers update. The only change I made is matching the wordmark color on the road jersey to the front and back numbers. Do you guys want me to change the other two uniforms to match, as well?

jordanbrewersuniforms2.png

Since no one has any more C&C on my first four concepts, I'll move on to the first of the next four: the Austin Greyhounds.

I created an alternate and a throwback uniform in addition to the home/away. The throwback has striped stirrup socks, UniWatch would be so proud. :)

austingreyhoundsuniform.png

I'm kind of disappointed with the amount of feedback I'm getting for my concepts. The most feedback I've gotten is 2-3 different people's opinions per concept, if that. My past concepts haven't received any C&C, so that leads me to believe interest in my concepts is dwindling.

Please take a minute or two out of your time to give me some serious feedback on any of my concepts, as it cannot possibly hurt.

I'll release the Brainerd Bees uniforms in a day or two.

Punch9

I'll be honest here...

All you're really doing is slapping logos on a template. I'm not saying there's a lack of effort here (because some of these designs are real nice), but try and go out of your way and do something new. You say you don't make logos; try it. This isn't much of a concept as much as it is nothing but a baseball template with scripts and logos, and on top of that most of us aren't necessarily familar with the teams.

The point is... if this gets a bit more interesting, you'll get some more feedback.

I'll be honest here...

All you're really doing is slapping logos on a template. I'm not saying there's a lack of effort here (because some of these designs are real nice), but try and go out of your way and do something new. You say you don't make logos; try it. This isn't much of a concept as much as it is nothing but a baseball template with scripts and logos, and on top of that most of us aren't necessarily familar with the teams.

The point is... if this gets a bit more interesting, you'll get some more feedback.

Alright, I will try designing a logo set for my next team - the Brainerd Bees. I'll spend an extended amount of time making it more creative and interesting.

Thanks for the input,

Punch9

Archived