NFL Replica Jersey Help

dhamen0420

Not sure if this is the proper forum, but I had a few questions for the jersey experts on here. I am interested in buying a Cleveland Browns replica jersey to basically take apart and make it custom. I found a white #3 Derek Anderson jersey at Sports Authority for $15 shipped. I want to remove the nameplate and put a new one on with my last name screen printed to the new nameplate. I am also thinking about buying the material used for sewn on numbers and cutting them and covering the screen printed numbers and maybe making it a #9. First does anyone know where I can get a blank nameplate or the material used for the nameplates? Also where can I find the material to make the sewn on numbers? I have experience removing nameplates and working with sewn on numbers so that is not a problem, I just want to be able to find the material. Has anyone else tried this and had success? I think that if I can get it down I may do other jerseys depending on final cost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Roll Along"

I used to buy all my nameplates from Teamwork Athletic for only a couple of dollars(US). They're dazzle cloth and match most all jersey backs really well, so white wouldn't be a problem for you at all. I used to have a dealership # for Teamwork and could get things direct from them, but just do a google search for Teamwork Athletic Dealer to order a nameplate from them online, or most likely a local sports shop near you has an account with them and will gladly order for you at cost or cost plus shipping. The best place to look for pre-cut tackle twill numbers is Webster Fabric, but matching up twill over pre-existing screen print can be very tricky. Good luck on your project!

98Falcons.png

Thank you very much. I am looking into Teamwork Athletic for the name plates. Does anyone know where I can get the fabric that matches the twill numbers? I can size it up to the jersey and do the cutting myself. Thanks again.

"Roll Along"

Again, Webster Fabric or Twill USA (comes from the same place) are your best bets. I used to could buy HUGE rolls of tackle twill for $13 per yard, I'd guess it would be about $16 or so now but a yard is way, WAY more than you would need for one jersey, so they may will sell you a half-yard swatch or something like that. And like I said they also sell individual numbers in pretty much any font that you could want.

98Falcons.png

Archived