Corrected Cleveland Cavaliers Logo

TruColor

I can fix this.. Should it just be replaced?

I think so...I can't believe that the one on the site could be official in any way...the one I posted matched exactly with the version in a logosheet I have dated 1993...and, I also believe that this particular logo never changed from the time it was unveiled back in '83.

Didn't they tweak the orange slightly when they made the switch from orange roads to blue? I'm sure the logo used from 1983-87 had a slightly brighter shade.

I'm not sure. I had always thought that the Blue had been lightened when they went to the Blue roads (it wasn't as far as spot colors go); not sure about the Orange.

However, when the new logo was introduced in 1983, they referred to the colors as "Burnt Orange and Royal Blue". Pics I've seen, along with my memory of watching them on TV make me think that it always was a very reddish-Orange:

worldbfree.jpg

Those first orange & blue unis didn't seem to match the colours of the logo - I used to have a Phil Hubbard game jersey (I think from 85-86), the blue was almost navy and the orange was a vibrant orange, whereas the logo colours seemed to be a little more subdued and washed out (although that could have been due to printing limitations at the time).

Then again, I also had a blank Sand-Knit replica that seemed to be a totally different shade of orange, much yellower, almost a "sherbert orange" colour. That probably doesn't mean much, since the SK replicas weren't known for their accuracy.

Archived