American Professional League

BrianVlietDesign

This is a project I've decided to undertake more recently. I watched the MLS Cup the other night and got to thinking about what it would be like with another league established in North America. One that would also follow a more European scheduling format. With games starting in late Summer and ending sometime in late Spring the following year. As well, as the league following a single table.

Well, I created the American Professional League as a contrast. A name influence by the English Premier League. And in the APL, these are locations and/or names I have created that I believe would be unique and fun for these concepts. Another tidbit of mine was that I like having dark uniforms as the home kit. So, bare with me as I will post a new concept up every other day to every couple of days. But, I wanted to start by placing the first batch up.

First up is:

Full Throttle Richmond:

Full Throttle Shield

Full Throttle Home Kit

Full Throttle Away Kit

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Here's an update of the So Cal Surf. I decided this time to go with a traditional shield. However, I'm hooked on the organic curves of a wave and used that to my advantage in the design of the shield.

So Cal Surf Shield -UPDATE-

So Cal Surf Home Kit - UPDATE-

So Cal Surf Away Kit -UPDATE-

They all look hastily done, and the color combos don't work well,and the parts you decided to color just don't look right.

Here is a tutorial vid of mine, I hope it helps

Tutorial

Well, alot of the colors I am using are either loosely or directly based off of some of these team's old colors from the NASL. For example, the Beacons and Surf. I have taken plenty of time on these concepts and admit am somewhat new to designing soccer themes. But, I am a bit confused as to what is hastily done? Many of these uniforms are loosely modeled after MLS and LPF designs I have seen. Could you give me a better explaination as to what isn't coming together?

They all look hastily done, and the color combos don't work well,and the parts you decided to color just don't look right.

Here is a tutorial vid of mine, I hope it helps

Tutorial

Well, alot of the colors I am using are either loosely or directly based off of some of these team's old colors from the NASL. For example, the Beacons and Surf. I have taken plenty of time on these concepts and admit am somewhat new to designing soccer themes. But, I am a bit confused as to what is hastily done? Many of these uniforms are loosely modeled after MLS and LPF designs I have seen. Could you give me a better explaination as to what isn't coming together?

Ricmond Home- ugly color, the black on the sleeves look terrible, forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

Richmond Away- the orange trim on the shorts is the worst thing I've ever seen, forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

Boston Home- Nice colors, don't like the black on the sponsor, the shorts are terrible no crest, the number looks bad you even forgot it from the side view, and forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

Boston Away- same as Home

Ny/Nj Home- Ugly color combo, the shorts are terrible no crest, the number looks bad you even forgot it from the side view, and forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

Ny/Nj Away- same as the Home

Califonia Home- nice colors, the trim on the shorts is possibly the worst idea ever, and forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

Califonia Home- nice colors,the trim on the jersey doesn't match with the front, and it looks like a bad idea. The trim on the shorts is possibly the worst idea ever, and forgotten Adidas logo on shorts and socks

All your jersey templates don't match like using shorts from 2 years ago with a jersey from this year.

Seriously, this looks like it might have taken you 10 minutes top.

Change up the templates, start using Nike, Puma, and etc. Adidas gets very boring and fast.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Ok, well that helps. Firstly, I had no clue there were shorts that were a different match from their shirt from years prior. I'm glad you filled me in on that tidbit. However, how can you tell which is current and which is old? Second, I admit not including the Adidas logo on the shorts was a flaw, but I never thought for a second to have them on the socks. Mainly because I've never noticed it. As for the Adidas uniforms, I am ahead of you on using other brands for teams. I have three other teams I'm working on that are using Kappa, Puma, and Nike. I've just been working on the Adidas teams first. I am going to take your advice, but feel I'm going to need some help distinguishing a few things. I'm open to advice if you can lend me some. I may even need to go back to the drawing board on this one. But, first I'd like to start with what is up to date and what is old. LOL.

Ok, well that helps. Firstly, I had no clue there were shorts that were a different match from their shirt from years prior. I'm glad you filled me in on that tidbit. However, how can you tell which is current and which is old? Second, I admit not including the Adidas logo on the shorts was a flaw, but I never thought for a second to have them on the socks. Mainly because I've never noticed it. As for the Adidas uniforms, I am ahead of you on using other brands for teams. I have three other teams I'm working on that are using Kappa, Puma, and Nike. I've just been working on the Adidas teams first. I am going to take your advice, but feel I'm going to need some help distinguishing a few things. I'm open to advice if you can lend me some. I may even need to go back to the drawing board on this one. But, first I'd like to start with what is up to date and what is old. LOL.

Everything in Adidas 2 and Nike 2 is a new template, just look at footballshirtculture.com and they have the new jersey's and you should tell what the new templates are.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Everything in Adidas 2 and Nike 2 is a new template, just look at footballshirtculture.com and they have the new jersey's and you should tell what the new templates are.

Ok, will do. Thanks again. I'm gonna have to start from stratch on these and I know it. But, which pants are new?

Any better?

2pyorut.png

Pretty good, a million times better, only comment is the collar doesn't match and you could rotate the number on the front view of shorts, 12 degrees is the correct angle for it. But practice makes perfect, so keep it up.

Cool, I'll make the adjustments.

Archived