2nd best college football rivalry

BigMac12

2. "THE Game": As an Ohio State fan my goals each season are as follows; 1. Beat Michigan 2. Beat Michigan 3. Win the Big Ten. 4. Beat Michigan. Anything after that is gravy.That said, I really believe that this game isn't quite as important to Michigan fans as it is Ohio State fans. I've heard more than a few people say that Michigan's "real rival" is Michigan State.

Part of that may be true, but I think a lot of it was Michigan fans using it to show their superiority. They loved to say that the thing that Ohio State fans angst about all season wasn't even a concern to them. You used to hear that a lot more when they were ruining OSU's undefeated seasons under John Cooper every year, but I haven't heard that in the last 5 years. Maybe with OSU's recent dominance we can start saying their biggest rival is Ohio U.

Let me ask you this, Michigan fans, who would rather beat next year, Ohio State or Michigan State? I think at this point most of them would pick Ohio State.

For next year, I'm sure the vast majority would pick both. :D

Not sure if any rivalry can be considered to be the "best" as some of the games will mean more to some than to others. I think it might vary from year to year. OSU/Michigan's #1 vs. #2 was beyond words meaning incredible a few seasons ago. Texas/Texas Tech's last second catch was the same way, although I'm not sure how big of a rivalry that is/was. USC/Notre Dame's "Bush Push" was a good one. There are too many good ones to pick a "best" one.

Archived