Anyone interested in making some logos?

ironbrigade

If anyone is bored out there my fantasy hockey league is looking for some logos.  The teams are:

1. Arizona Outlaws

2. Terre Haute Destroyers

3. Medicine Hat Voodoo

4. Alaskan Huskies

5. Alexandria Bay Dark Knights

6. Gettysburg Strong Vincents

7. Memphis Assassins

8. Oakridge Bears

9. Bay City Rollers

10. Down In Flames

We have logos and uni concepts but maybe someone could come up with something better.  Our website is at:

www.difhl.com

Here are my opinions on the logos that exist in this league, and the possible directions that could be taken in concept revisions.

1. Arizona Outlaws

Aside from the scruffy looking guy, this logo doesn't scream Outlaw. High quality production leaves me skeptical in terms of it's originality. Maybe some wordmark inclusion could help, as well as something to indicate Outlaw instead of Scruffy Cowboy.

2. Terre Haute Destroyers

One heck of a cool viking head, too bad it's probably copied. The colours are a bit suspect too (lime green beard?). Vikings aren't the first thing I think of when I hear Destroyers, but this is an interesting direction that could yield some potential logos.

3. Medicine Hat Voodoo

The logo at least looks like it isn't copied. Too many colours in this one though. Needs reworking, but the existing elements of this logo could well be used in this process.

4. Alaskan Huskies

Again, the high production value, as well as the unprofessional cutoff at the bottom, gives the impression of being copied. Could serve as a basis for a good wordmark. Name should be changed to Alaska Huskies or whatever city in Alaska they're based in.

5. Alexandria Bay Dark Knights

All this logo needs is some Illustrator lovin'. The logo is great, but some proportion needs to be introduced in terms of the text.

6. Gettysburg Strong Vincents

If someone can give me some insights as to the origin of this name, that'd be appreciated. Also, is that an eagle in the flag? If so, interesting idea, but I dunno how well it relates to the name. Definitely needs some cleaning up.

7. Memphis Assassins

For a name with so much uncharted potential, this logo falls way short. Looks almost as much like a religious symbol as it does a scope's crosshairs.

8. Oakridge Bears

Of the copied logos in this league, this one probably fits the best. No editing was necessary. However the fact that it is copied makes it a candidate for revision.

9. Bay City Rollers

This is a team that needs a new logo. The logo is cheap and uninteresting. Superimposed letters over a design that might have some potential. Definitely needs reworking.

10. Down In Flames

Easily the worst name of the bunch. Get a city name, and stop stealing the St. John's Flames logo. I agree it's a cool logo, but be original, the name flames has lots of potential.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Syphi,

Thanks for the reply.

The owners of the league pretty much make up or find their own logo.

Down In Flames had actually changed their logo but I didn't get a chance to put in on the website yet.  As for the name, I don't care too much for it either.

Strong Vincent was a colonel who was mortally wounded at the battle of Gettysburg.  It is suppose to be sort of a tribute and it is original.  

This is just a fantasy league so if there is a logo that is "stolen" what can you expect someone to go out and pay for a logo?

Archived