Highlanders Logo

hettinger_rl

This is a highlanders logo with no kilts. I chose to use the highland cattle as the mascot. For those that like kilts one could be added. The highland (or scotch) cattle are very distinctive with longhorns and shaggy hair. I have 3 versions: Simple, Longer & Curvier horns, and Extra Shag. C&C Please.

Stuff011.jpg

Stuff012.jpg

Stuff013.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I reckon your second one is the best; the shape of the horns stand out from other longhorn counterparts. I'd look at reducing the amount of spikes in the shaggy sections, maybe a colour accent would imply shagginess inside of the lines. The one eye thing kinda makes it look like an emo hairdo, getting a second eye in there would go a long way to getting rid of that. Great work nonetheless.

sig.png

Good start. I agree with Gazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaf that the second one is the way to go. Throw an unsharp mask on it in Photoshop, then trace over it in a vector program to start adding color, etc..

• 5 months later...

Coincidentally enough, I have had a similar idea. Here's the version I made for my alma mater several years ago as a graphic design final project.

I love this idea for a non-knee-jerk solution for a team called the Highlanders! Good thinking!

Exactly: And they're such a unique and geographically precise animal, they should be used more.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived