Interesting Tale of the original NHL 3rd Jerseys

jkrdevil

Saw this link on Puck Daddy and after reading the article figured it was perfect to post on here for discussion. It comes from the Blog the Royal Half and tells the tale of how the Kings Burger King jersey came about. That itself if interesting, but there is also some factiods about the whole original NHL third jersey project including this, which explains how all the original ones turned out to be pretty much bad.

A few months later, the phone rang at The Mednick Group and this time, it was the National Hockey League. CCM had developed new technology that would allow designers to use a dye-sublimation technique to print actual gradations of color onto jerseys. This would allow designers to create a hockey jersey unlike anyone had seen before. Jerseys no longer had to be solid prints of color. When Scott Mednick returned from his meeting with the NHL, the directive was simple…. come up with third jersey designs for the NHL that utilized gradations whenever and wherever possible.

http://theroyalhalf.com/2011-articles/january/the-rise-of-the-burger-king.html

Very interesting article and worth a read. I don't know how much of the behind the scenes stuff has been discussed here.

Saw this link on Puck Daddy and after reading the article figured it was perfect to post on here for discussion. It comes from the Blog the Royal Half and tells the tale of how the Kings Burger King jersey came about. That itself if interesting, but there is also some factiods about the whole original NHL third jersey project including this, which explains how all the original ones turned out to be pretty much bad.

A few months later, the phone rang at The Mednick Group and this time, it was the National Hockey League. CCM had developed new technology that would allow designers to use a dye-sublimation technique to print actual gradations of color onto jerseys. This would allow designers to create a hockey jersey unlike anyone had seen before. Jerseys no longer had to be solid prints of color. When Scott Mednick returned from his meeting with the NHL, the directive was simple?. come up with third jersey designs for the NHL that utilized gradations whenever and wherever possible.

http://theroyalhalf.com/2011-articles/january/the-rise-of-the-burger-king.html

Very interesting article and worth a read. I don't know how much of the behind the scenes stuff has been discussed here.

Wasn't this posted about a month ago? Is it in the 2010-2011 NHL thread? I know I saw it somewhere before on these boards not too long ago. I'm not ripping you, I'm just asking.

Archived