Mystery Player 5/10/04

NJTank

I began my career with the Phillies in 1982 appearing in 16 games, the next year I made it up fulltime with the Indians after an offseason trade. I would play in Cleveland until 1988. In 1989 I began a 5-year stint with the Rangers, as I had a big roll in the 1990 ASG. In 1994 I joined teh White Sox. After not playing in teh Majors in 1995 I rejoined teh Indians in 1996, midway through the 1997 season I was dealt to the Brewers. Over the next 3 years I would play just 1 Major League Game with teh Devil Rays in 1999. Then in 2001 I resurected my career with the Braves becoming baseballs elder statemen since.

Who Am I?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Correct

And I heard someone say this on Sportscenter once Those who are late do not get fruit cup. Dont ask me it didnt make sense to me either.

it makes plenty of sense....figuring the fruit cup is the most desirable option at a school lunch or cafeteria style lunch, they are the first items selected. therefore, 'those who are late do not get fruit cup'. rich eisen used to say it when someone was thrown out trying to steal, or thrown out at the plate. the line is in reference to the line as said by Nurse Diesel (cloris leachman) in "High Anxiety"

Archived