New York Rangers Concept

worcat

White jersey is based on the 1935/36 - 1938/39 American's jerseys. Blue jersey is updated - got away from the traditional flag jersey.

Updates to jersey:

Rangers font replaces Americans

4 stars replacing original 6 stars - 4 stars to represent each cup the Rangers have won.

Traditional Rangers Red pants replaces Blue pants

New sock design

Names added to back of jersey

preview-3.png

logo preview:

preview2.png

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

White jersey is based on the 1935/36 - 1938/39 American's jerseys. Blue jersey is updated - got away from the traditional flag jersey.

Updates to jersey:

Rangers font replaces Americans

4 stars replacing original 6 stars - 4 stars to represent each cup the Rangers have won.

Traditional Rangers Red pants replaces Blue pants

New sock design

Names added to back of jersey

preview-3.png

while i do like the idea and it is pretty well executed. I do kinda feel this may fit the NY Islanders maybe better should they end up relocating to another part of NYC say brooklyn.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

while i do like the idea and it is pretty well executed. I do kinda feel this may fit the NY Islanders maybe better should they end up relocating to another part of NYC say brooklyn.

Thank you. It's not a complete overhaul but just using previous logos and uniforms for a recycled feel that works. I considered the Islanders, but since the Rangers already shared the same color scheme, I thought this would be a nice 3rd or 4th jersey - as I don't think their original set could ever be topped.

As for the Islanders, I have a concept coming out soon. Again, nothing crazy on the logo front, just simple. I'm not sure which jersey style to use yet but I do have roughly 4 styles done ready to preview later tonight. I plan on doing all 30 teams, some major rebrands, some minor tweaks as some teams cannot be upgraded IMO.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

It looks good, and it is very well executed, but the history makes this a tough pill to swallow.

I do appreciate that you aren't looking to completely change the Rangers' jerseys, but only add to them, but I don't know that it's enough.

In a vacuum, this is a great concept. Ditto if this was for a minor-league affiliate of the Rangers. However, the idea of the Rangers donning the sweaters of their former rivals, the team that they drove to oblivion, just seems wrong, like the Canadiens wearing Maroons sweaters.

I think this would actually be a much better concept if adapted for the Islanders (and much of it wouldn't need to be changed, like the stars), or if it were for a hypothetical Rangers' farm team.

That said, it is really well done.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived