Sim Football Concept

YessSir32

Not so sure about the logo... it seems to static like there is no movement to it. Maybe see if you can make the flags "wave" a bit, I think it would add a lot to the logo

The unis are good but I would ditch the grey pants on the home and make them white or blue and white numbers on the alt and you got a winner!

Minor nitpick on the collars and sleeves: you should make them more consistent with how they match up with one another. It's a different look on every jersey.

As for the logo, it needs more character. You also shouldn't just steal things from image searches and recolor them-- people will jump on that, like I am now.

crossed-flags.gif

Look at the some league logos for examples of what I'm talking about with character: Bucs, Hurricanes, Cavs, etc. Hell, even the Corvette logo is a good look, especially for what you're doing. Base something off that, maybe? Obviously they're in different context, but they integrate more in to the flag than what you'd normally see. Ya dig?

Minor nitpick on the collars and sleeves: you should make them more consistent with how they match up with one another. It's a different look on every jersey.

As for the logo, it needs more character. You also shouldn't just steal things from image searches and recolor them-- people will jump on that, like I am now.

crossed-flags.gif

Look at the some league logos for examples of what I'm talking about with character: Bucs, Hurricanes, Cavs, etc. Hell, even the Corvette logo is a good look, especially for what you're doing. Base something off that, maybe? Obviously they're in different context, but they integrate more in to the flag than what you'd normally see. Ya dig?

Yeah, sorry for that. I got that on clip art so I wasn't taking an artists work. It still isn't ok. Is there anything you suggest using to make a decent logo?

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

crossed-flags.gif

Yeah, sorry for that. I got that on clip art so I wasn't taking an artists work. It still isn't ok. Is there anything you suggest using to make a decent logo?

How tech saavy are you? GIMP is a good place to start, Inkscape is a bit tougher. There are a lot of tutorials that will show you the ropes. Easiest way to start is to hand-draw your logos and then adjust on the computer (for me anyway). It takes a lot of practice to be able to sit down and hash a logo out solely on the computer in my opinion.

Think about what you want, perhaps a way to modernize this look, and then sketch it out. Scan that sucker in and edit away. You'll be much more pleased with what you get out of it. It takes more time, but it also looks much better.

I've tried to use Inkscape before, that didn't work out well. What is GIMP? Can you trace your own logos on it?

GIMP is pretty much freeware Photoshop. It's tricky, but once you know the ins and outs, you're good to go. If it's too intimidating, you can use Paint.NET (also free), which is beefed up Paint. Has a lot of useful features, and it's easy to scan an image in to it. You just have to hand trace on the computer.

I've tried to use Inkscape before, that didn't work out well. What is GIMP? Can you trace your own logos on it?

GIMP is pretty much freeware Photoshop. It's tricky, but once you know the ins and outs, you're good to go. If it's too intimidating, you can use Paint.NET (also free), which is beefed up Paint. Has a lot of useful features, and it's easy to scan an image in to it. You just have to hand trace on the computer.

I think I'll go with Paint.NET. I'm pretty used to Paint so I assume it will be easier to get the hang of.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I think I'll go with Paint.NET. I'm pretty used to Paint so I assume it will be easier to get the hang of.

Definitely. Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Archived