Practice NHL Logo via Photoshop

NorthStar74

HI... this would be my first concept so I hope everyone will see what I am doing and any feedback and suggestions would be welcome...

Well I have started Photoshop classes and am learning some things... and one thing I wanted to try my hands at.. making a NHL logo look a bit better somehow but not too much to the point, just practicing...

I have picked the 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning logo as I want to try that and show off the other pic... the original logo is as shown:

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

the TB lightning logo I tried my hand at, trying to add some drop shadows to the circles and the bolt lightning... here is the product...

tblightning2011.jpg

Any feedback or suggestion would be welcome!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I mean, it adds some darkness to the logo, but this would look funky on a hockey jersey. Another thing to look at: overlapping drop shadows. Did you mean to put the left semi-circle over the bolt?

Nice start, maybe try to push the envelope a little more, you know?

Hard to explain, but looks more "fierce". The new logo is waaaayyy to simple. I still don't like it, but this improves it.

Thanks.... I know the Bolts logo look a bit odd and bland but I wanted to see if I can put some pop on it somehow?? I hope I did something right...

I mean, it adds some darkness to the logo, but this would look funky on a hockey jersey. Another thing to look at: overlapping drop shadows. Did you mean to put the left semi-circle over the bolt?

Nice start, maybe try to push the envelope a little more, you know?

Thanks.. I want to push the envelope some more but need to wait till after the final exam on thur and see if I can improve that one some more and give it something solid.. as for that overlapping drop shadows I was trying to match it along the bottom curve side of the 3 different sections.. but ah will have to improve it more...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived