Milwaukee Panthers "UMil" Logo Package

illwauk

I did these as part of a project I'm working on with another UW-Milwaukee alum. It's a campaign to get the university to either change its name to University of Milwaukee outright or adopt "UMil" as a brand to replace "UWM" which causes a ridiculous amount of confusion due to sharing the same initials as UW-Madison.

umil_logosheet.png

As A UWM alum, I think the name change is fine, but if youre trying to get away from the name Wisconsin and focus more on the "Milwaukee", why would you then put the state of Wisconsin in the logo?

Because when this issue originally came up in 2006 (when I was a student), there seemed to be much more support for us to become Wisconsin State University. It seemed to be driven by the idea that the University of Milwaukee name would make students who weren't from the Milwaukee area feel excluded, so I figured it'd be smart to adopt the state outline logo to show that's not the case. We also have the largest in-state student population now, which makes it seem that much more appropriate.

Archived