Poor Abused Sharks Fans

clannhoran

Hey, if it'll make you Sharks fans feel any better, I'm a Blackhawk fan. This is a team where the OWNER hates the team. He must, because ol' Billy Boy Wirtz certainly hasn't done anything to make the fans happy.

So try dealing with that inner conflict. You love the team of your youth (Bobby and Dennis Hull, Stan Mikita, Tony Freakin' Esposito) and can't shake them out of your blood. So you still occasionally spend money to go to that crappy United Center and see the crappy Chicago Wirtzhawks. I'm like Courtney Love, "I can't quit the bad stuff, man!"

But, I'm trying. When my son was born I bought season tickets for the Chicago Wolves, and so far we've been rewarded with two championships. I know, the Wolves aren't in the "Big League", but I'd bet my house that if they were brought into the NHL that the United Center would empty out, and then, maybe, Uncle Bill Wirtz would start to pay attention to the fans.

CGP.gif

i'm a caps fan. and here the media is so focused on the Redskins 365 days a year that the team wins division title after division title, makes the stanley cup, trades for the then best player in the NHL and no one gives a crap. then, we get screwed in scheduling by losing out to a couple concerts and the last place wizards. finally our owner has enuff and trades the whole team, including the one guy who made me love hockey growing up just so he will have enuff money to avoid being contracted. yuck. i'm starting to think the caps should pack up and head 2 hours north to hershey. hell, i'd still go to the games and at least we'd have a packed house every night.

Azzuri.gif

Hershey eh?

what makes you think they'd sell out every night, its not exactly an area with numerous pro-sports teams (or even any proposals to bring any there)

just wondering..

The reason i postulate Hershey is due to the sucess of the Bears minor league franchise. The bears are one of the oldest and most storied teams in the AHL, they just built a brand new arena and continue to thrive. The reason Hershey is so sucessful is because of nearby Harrisburg. Harrisburg is a city large enough to support an NHL team IMO. The Giant Center where the bears play seats over 10,000 for hockey and while that is not exactly on par with current NHL size, it would provide a more intimate experience, sell out more often than a larger arena, and therfore create ticket demand. I have always wondered why central PA has never tried to lure a team. Harrisburg has a large international airport to service a team and there are many other medium sized cities within an hour to two hour drive. While i am not advocating the Caps moving to Hershey, if i were on the team i'd like playing in front of a 10,000 seat packed house than 10,000 fans in an arena that holds double that. Not really a serious proposal, just something to think about.

Azzuri.gif

Clan, I feel sorry for you guys. Chicago deserves a winner. Ever since the Hawks moved to the United Center though, they just don't seem like the Hawks. The rowdiness of Chicago Stadium is gone, which sucks. But the owner doesn't give two cents? I believe that. In fact if I remember correctly, the former GM of the Hawks his daughter was married to former Sharks GM Dean Lombardi. Oye ve!

Luck to the Hawks and hopefully they'll get out of the funk soon.

Random, I think the media in DC and in the Bay Area are the same. They care only about the 49ers (when they're good), the Raiders and Giants. When SJ traded for Selanne it was, oh btw, Sharks got a premium scorer for the playoffs. If this game actually got respect by the media, maybe things would look up for the NHL.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived