New look for the Greek National Ice Hockey Team

siegel0572

Before I start on my design, a little background. Yes they do have ice hockey in Greece, although they struggle to survive. Unlike most other sports, they do not recieve a lot of support from the government so the team members pretty much run the team activities themselves. They are a member of Division III of the IIHF, and won a silver medal at the 2010 World Championships. In fact, I have a cousin who was looking into going back to Greece to try out. Now onto my design. Like most teams in the IIHF the Greeks have what I feel a boring sweaters, short stipes on the arms and a little striping up the sides. I decided to add a little flair to my look. To me the obvious thing to do was add a part of Greek culture that is every where...the Greek Key pattern. So I turned that into the striping. The main crest is the logo they actually use, that I really like. Also, like all the Greek teams they have a small Greek crest patch on their uniforms so I continued that in my design. The grey I used to break up the monotony to a blue & white color pattern. I hope you like these. I look forward to all comments.

GreeceHockeyHome.png

GreeceHockeyRoad.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived