Hockey Concepts (NHL, AHL, etc.)

Windstorm

I'm not the greatest designer in the world, but I love marketing and logos, so I thought I'd try re-designing some hockey uniforms. I'll start off with a few NHL teams, and then I might move into the AHL and other leagues.

First off, here's the Dallas Stars. I actually like their current jerseys, but they really need to emphasize green and gold instead of black. I've created two traditional style jerseys for home and away games, with a more modern alternate based on their current set.

Home

u1yA5.png

Away

edzcn.png

Alternate

UQ7EO.png

gold will blend with white and green at distance, so it needs to be bordered by black. black will do best when bordered by gold or white. At a distance, your stripes will definitely be a bit muddled, and your third jersey is incredibly dark.

Rearranging things will make a huge difference for this concept, which is pretty good. Also, adding sleeve numbers will go a long way for the presentation, ditto pants/helmets/socks. Black pants/helmets would really pop with these, but green pants might not. Work this one through before you post others

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks for posting, hockey week. I've taken your advice and added some black in the stripes to help differentiate the colours. However I'm not really looking to create a whole brand identity, mostly just jersey designs. Anyways, I also modified the black jersey a little... here's the new concept:

ekZ3J.png

Archived