2013 Winter Classic Concept

GriffinM6

Well, like a few other members, I've caught the "Make a Winter Classic conept" bug. So here are the 2 teams: the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings.

About the Design: I wanted to try something different, along with a classic look. The logo is from the Detroit Cougars, which was the name of the team before they became the Red Wings

redwingswcconcept.png

About the Design: I just kept a classic look, because I mean come on, it's the Leafs. I know the striping is mis-matched, but the sleeve stripes would've looked weird if they were around the chest.

mapleleafswcconcept.png

Hope to get some good C & C. :)

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Red Wings:

The TV numbers and NOB are too small, but it looks good. The back number crest idea is really creative; I don't know how that would actually look in real life, but it's a cool idea nonetheless. However, the numbers are too small, so I suggest making them (and the crest) bigger.

Leafs:

The "C" should be on the right side; that's a Detroit thing and there's no need for it here. I'd go blue on white as opposed to white on white (for the log and back numbers). Use the blue logo and use blue numbers with a white outline. The majority of it is on the white middle stripes, so it would stand out more. I'd add 1 or 2 waist stripes as well. Good job.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You're missing a lot of basic points on this one. Numbers all around on the Detroit jersey are way too small-- both on the sleeves and on the back. As far as the crest, I'm not sure that the Wings ever officially wore that (even as the Cougars/Falcons), but I've never liked that logo. Just personal taste, though. For the Leafs, the crest and the captain's C are too small. Also, look at the placement of your captaincy patch, it would be in the armpit if the player had their arms down. I would also beef up the outline around the numbers for legibility's sake.

Archived