Irvington Summer Softball League (ISSL)

Ben Schwartz

So in my town of Irvington, New York, a bunch of college students (with me as one of the founders) created our own softball league which has grown substantially since our first game in 2010. We try to be as fauxfessional as possible, appearing to be a major league while really being a bunch of guys playing well-organized softball. We get players from all ages and all walks of life, and have many big events throughout the year.

I design all of our stuff, from event logos to shirts to video production. So without further adieu here are some logos!

Primary:

isslsmall_zpsa4fd2979.png

2012 All Star Game:

allstarlogo_zps16607e8f.png

2012 Championship Series:

isslchampionshiplogo_zps5433d04b.png

2012 Old Timers Game:

issloldtimers_zps64ef3b73.png

2013 Championship Series:

isslchampionshipseries2013updated_zpsb49db841.png

Here is a video intro from the 2012 Championship Series, only a couple minutes long:

Now here are some other graphics from the league promoting various things:

bandofbrothers_zpsbb3e3b23.png

isslcareslogo_zps56da9bbb.png

isslpostersmall_zpsee0f5b94.png

issltrain_zpsa9e2d630.png

sundaynights_zps86508268.png

We also have uniforms which I have designed, here are some pics of those unis in action. Since we have players from all different towns north of New York CIty, they are represented by those town's colors. From the Bronx to Ardsley, we have representation from everywhere:

IMG_0954_zpsaeb0ec41.jpg

xIMG_0827_zpsfda29d07.jpg

xIMG_0757_zps6b4af8a4.jpg

xIMG_0451_zps5ec3922e.jpg

xIMG_0202_zps3b779f85.jpg

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

It's definitely one of the best things I have ever been a part of. And to be one of a few responsible for making it real, I can say it's amazing to see something like this become realer and grow. Being comish of your own league is great! Check out your YouTube page, lots more stuff on there:

http://www.youtube.com/isslofficial

For example here is a promo from our "This is the ISSL" series (many of which are ISSL-related jokes):

And our of our drafts (which are quite long, but good to leaf through if interested)::

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

This is really impressive stuff - you have definitely done everything you can to give it a "big league" feel - congrats and keep it up!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• 1 month later...

Archived