High School Soccer Crest Concept

pattymus01

I have been asked by a local high school to make a crest for their girls soccer team. This is my first concept to post on here so C&C is greatly appreciated. One quick note. I chose to use the tartan pattern on the top because the school used to be called McCullough High School. So I found the McCullough tartan pattern and decided to use that to pay tribute to the schools roots. Thanks guys.

http://www.flickr.co...s/90979555@N07/

Looks good. I like the idea of it. Feels a little clip art like. The pattern is cool, but would come off bad if the logo was ever stitched on something and potentially could have a problem even with a simple heat transfer.

Great start though! I'd work on it a little more, see what else you can get out of it..

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Good start. I think it could be improved by simplifying a few things.

• Try reducing the number of red and green vertical stripes. Try 3 or maybe 5. You might also try it without the black lines separating them.
  • "The Woodlands" in dark green on black is hard to read and will disappear at small sizes. Maybe remove 1996 and make "The Woodlands" white.
  • Is the soccer ball necessary? It feels like clip art.
  • Overall there seem to be a lot of white and black strokes around everything. See if you can simplify things so fewer strokes are necessary.

Hope this helps.

Spearhead -I appreciate it man.

deFasselle- I appreciate the C&C. After reading your input, I have gone back changed a few things based on your observations. It does look better with fewer strokes. I will have the next draft posted sometime tonight. Thanks again for the input.

Alright, I made some changes to the crest based on yalls input and I think it is getting there. Definitely an improvement.

Here is a list of the changes: Moved The Woodlands to the top, changed the font, reduced the number of stripes and eliminate most of the white and black strokes.

Also, in the place where The Woodlands appeared on the initial crest, I added some pine trees. (The official symbol of the town/city is a pine tree)

Thanks again for the input. What are your thoughts on the changes?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90979555@N07/

Archived