I apologize in advance for this question

josh106802

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance for what is probably a question that has been asked and answered a million times, so please forgive me.

I love creating uniform designs, but I only know how to do it with pen and paper. I have a Mac, and I am wondering...what are some good apps to download so I can create more professional looking designs. I'm fairly computer savvy but I've never used anything "professional" before...I've been stuck in old school...and I would love to find a way to easily make the move from pen & paper to computers...I've been so impressed by what I've seen on this board I'd love to contribute. I'm no graphic designer, but I would appreciate any advice you can share on how I can get started.

THANKS!!

Hey josh...

First of all, "old school"'s alright.

In fact most us should spend a little more time on the pen and paper before jumping on the computer.

How old's your Mac?

Because I bought an old G4 Mac, it was easy (and cheap) for me to acquire "used" Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator programs, and I taught myself how to use them.

I don't know if there are any new programs now that are better, but I find that, even with ancient versions of Ph and A.I., you can do about anything.

Hang on to that tracing pad and pencil though.

IMO they're still the best tools.

Archived