Logo for my High School (Lake Norman Wildcats)

TJed73

I am calling upon those of you out there that have the ability and talent to design logos. My high school has always pilfered logos from other organizations and it would be awesome if we didnt have to anymore.

We've used Davidson's, Arizona's, Northwestern's, Kentucky's and Kansas State's logo in the past. Many of those were used at the same time as the sports couldnt decide on a universal logo.

It is my belief that, no matter how small the athletic organization, the best way to gain recognition is to be universally identifiable.

If anyone would be willing to help and design something it would be greatly appreciated. I would do it myself, but i lack the programing and artistic creativity.

My school's colors are Royal blue and Black.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, TJed73, I know you have the best of intentions, but requests like this on this board have blown up in designers' faces before.

Unless you have talked to school officials about the certainty of your school using anything that is created here and the possibility for compensation, no matter how small β€” artwork is still work after all; it's right there in the name β€” as well as an assurance that proper credit would be given (i.e. you're not claiming it as your own), then I doubt many designers here would be willing to take up the challenge.

Also, given the examples of logos your school has used in the past, I would assume the team name is "Wildcats," but you've also left out another important piece of information in the school's name.

Officeglen,

you brought up some things i was thinking about addressing. I do have connections with the AD and the athletic boosters through my mother. I also played numerous sports and could talk to the coaches about it. That being said, I'm sure some kind of compensation could be worked out, whether through me or the school, as well as the appropriate accreditation to the artist. Also, the nickname was in the Title

Archived