Help Perfect My Clink Room "Hometown" Entry

mattwillcox

Hey Matt! First of all tough break on the Mallards thing, did you end up re-submitting it or scrap it all together?...

Now onto Lady Liberty, I really dig her face, hair and the flame on the torch, hell the whole thing is pretty beautiful.

But I feel it needs a little something else to make her unique, maybe instead of the torch she is holding a hot dog or another NY street food item of sorts?...

Regardless, your rendering is great! I had trouble rendering a female face for an idea I was working on, so seeing this done so well gives me hope! (although I think I've moved on from that idea now)

Best of luck with it!

ps. as a guide I sent my 2nd design in over 2.5 weeks ago and it still hasn't been posted, so don't expect to see Lady Liberty posted anytime soon.

I re-submitted the Mallards design, should be coming up soon as I sent it about 2 weeks ago. The face for Lady Liberty was really a challenge having never done a female logo before. I definitely see what you're saying about adding that little bit of extra New York flair into it too. I'll for sure work something up soon, I'm just going to hold off to hear if Casey has any input when it gets posted. Thanks for the feedback!

And I just saw your Embats redo get posted today. I'm really loving the new flame pompadour!

Hey Matt! Cheers for the kind words, I love your designs and rendering style, so it means a lot that you like my Embats entry.

Yeah females are hard work, even in the design world! Yeah good call, sometimes it's good to hear what Casey thinks before changing it up.

Just a time update for ya, I think it depends if its a redo or a new design depending when it gets posted as, I have a Platypus entry that was sent in about a week or so before my Embats Redo was.

Looking forward to seeing where you take the Lady Liberty entry if required.

Archived