Submitting a Design

jeh-see

To quote Harvey Dent from the Dark Knight, "The Joker is just a mad dog, I want the person who let him off the leash"....

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's not true that no professional sports team will view your work just because of the Ravens problem.

Many probably won't. Many others probably won't because they just aren't interested (not in your specific work but just in non-commissioned outside work in general). But some, even if they probably aren't interested, still will. Minor league teams are probably more likely (so you're in great shape with the Pirates—I kid).

When I was younger (pre-college at least), I successfully and separately contacted the St. Louis Blues and Peoria Riverman about viewing concepts (uniform and logos respectively). Knowing about the Ravens case, I mentioned it to them in my initial contact but said I hoped they'd still view my work which I would follow up with (meaning I didn't include it the first time). Both times I got a similar response which was that they're not likely interested in making changes or additions, but they'd be happy to take a look.

So I sent it along and they followed up with a response praising my work but saying still at this time they're going to stick with what they have. And I can't blame them. The praise was appreciated, but I wasn't any good back then. They made the right decision.

But the point is, they were willing to humor me and take a look. And I suspect those aren't the only two franchises who operate that way. So it doesn't hurt to try. Just don't send the work upfront. Explain to them your thought process and that you'd like to show your work, and see if you hear back.

Note: none of that is a statement about whether it's likely your work will be received positively or whether or should be or any of that stuff. Just that if you'd feel some satisfaction in getting them to view your ideas, there is a chance that could happen.

Archived