T Shirt Concepts for My School's 5k: Feedback Wanted

dsaline97

So, my school is having a 5k race next month, and they are letting the students design the t shirt for the event. They have three requirements:

The design must:

• Feature the school logo in some way. (Logo)
  • Include or incorporate GoLuHi.com.
  • Make use of both the front and the back of the shirt.

I came up with a couple of concepts, and wanted to see what you guys thought, and how I could improve them:

1_zps66e8c9be.png

2_zps37b183fb.png

Chevron_zpsaafec847.png

Partial_zps1085f8eb.png

I have to turn this in sometime tomorrow, so if I could get some feedback, that would be great.

spacer.png

The core design is solid. The only thing is I would change the plaque shape. right now , even though I know its not, it looks like a home plate (the white isnt helping) also making the word bigger even exceeding the confines of the plaque would help as well but not really necessary. As for the second design it is clean which is a good thing. Too many people rush too put tons of details and splashes/scratches etc. and all that does is muddy the visual. Never underestimate the power of clean branding done right. the only change I would make is put a black outline on the utherun to help tie the word together, right now it kinda is hanging out there as an afterthought and some of the catchyness on the Run in the word is lost. I hope this helps some and good luck!

Here's what I ended up sending. Thank you for your help, bwalker, I greatly appreciated it. I figured my simple approach was the better one, and I improved it by making the utheRun larger and outlined, and I added 2013 under it. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances with this.

Partial_zps7e58de72.jpg

2_zpsb28929c6.jpg

spacer.png

Archived