Real Life Examples of Uniform Recruiting Gimmicks

GriffinM6

So I was having a discussion with my teammates who play football while in the outfield at practice today. I had said something about the crazy uniforms that the coaches use to recruit people, and they said they liked them, and said they were "fresh". I mentioned the Nebraska and Wisconsin one offs and VT's turkey head helmets. :puke: I just laughed to myself and thought how terrible they were. I've seen what you guys talk about in the college football thread in real life. Anybody else experienced this first hand?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I was recruited by a lot of D2 schools and a few D1 schools a couple of years ago after the 08 season for the class of 09

It was odd to me some of the things teams carted out....some of it actually made it to the field others didn't. But it was front and center a few times, other times I just saw it sitting around in coaches offices.

Most notably I saw what I think was this helmet when I was down at Viginia Tech behind a desk....might be wrong

vt_fb_md_2009_uniform-e1365016801627-250x300.jpg

I was coming out of high school really at the beginning of the spread....so a lot of the schools I was visiting weren't there yet with the crazy stuff.....the school I did go to switched to a helmet and uniform they showed me on my visit....but it was just interesting to see.....didn't make me want to go there, though some guys in my class talked about it a lot.

Archived