America's Team

AJpackers

In the 80s, when my mother was a manager of a Champion Factory Outlet store, they sold official NFL gear. Here in the Capital Region, it was clear that the Cowboys were not "America's Team" as their gear stayed on the shelves while Giants, Jets, Patriots, Bills, Packers, and Browns were flying off the shelves and racks.

"America's Team" is a term coined by NFL Films, at the urging of Dallas Executive Gil Brandt. Yes, they do have a large national following, but so does Notre Dame, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, and other teams.

Point taken, but given the maps it seems like a lot of the "America's Team" feel can be supported by large pockets of Cowboys fans where there is no team in the vicinity.

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

In the 80s, when my mother was a manager of a Champion Factory Outlet store, they sold official NFL gear. Here in the Capital Region, it was clear that the Cowboys were not "America's Team" as their gear stayed on the shelves while Giants, Jets, Patriots, Bills, Packers, and Browns were flying off the shelves and racks.

"America's Team" is a term coined by NFL Films, at the urging of Dallas Executive Gil Brandt. Yes, they do have a large national following, but so does Notre Dame, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, and other teams.

Point taken, but given the maps it seems like a lot of the "America's Team" feel can be supported by large pockets of Cowboys fans where there is no team in the vicinity.

I think that representation of "favorite team" is better than "Likes" on Facebook.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I think that representation of "favorite team" is better than "Likes" on Facebook.

Agreed, if there was a such thing as a fan census, that would be the best source of information. But there isn't.

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

Archived