Maur Hill Jr. Ravens

KCScout76

Fellow graphic warriors; My high school is currently using the same logo for almost 50 years. I am in the process of changing that. I'm a 1979 of Maur Hill Prep, an all boys catholic school in Atchison, Kansas. Our sister school, Mount St. Scholastica was the all girls school, right next door to our school. A number of years ago, the two schools combined. The mascot is the Junior Ravens, adopted by our faculty & students from the local college who were the "Ravens". The college was called "St. Benedict's College" back then, today it is Benedictine College. There is a lot of tradition with our high school and B.C. - that's the reason for having the same mascot.
I would like to present an "idea" or "example" of what an updated logo could be and the benefits of this. Just for the sake of time, I took the current Benedictine College Raven logo (updated a few years ago) and tweeked it. I am a teacher, not a professional artist like most of the group here. So if you have any suggestions, I am all ears.
I am not making a request, just need input from you all. The goal is to present a proposal to update the logo and then get folks from the CC boards to do the work.
Understand, I am working with a group of folks, like myself, who fiercely loyal and are not about to just scrap the old logo for a new one. A lot of tradition goes with our logo! This is just to get the ball rolling, I am hoping the board will like the idea of a logo update. The left one is our current logo.

MH_MARavens_oldlogo.pngMH-MARavens_KJconcept260_zps2403c677.png

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I feel like the letters on the front of the shirt get lost when small due to the font

There in lies the help I need. Your suggestions are good. Thanks! The back of the neck? When I was fiddling with the logo, I thought these might be feathers, ruffled. I was trying to stay with the basic design.

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I feel like the letters on the front of the shirt get lost when small due to the font

There in lies the help I need. Your suggestions are good. Thanks! The back of the neck? When I was fiddling with the logo, I thought these might be feathers, ruffled. I was trying to stay with the basic design.

Okay, I was just wondering, I thought he had a dorsal fin or something.

Here is Benedictine College's Raven logo that I borrowed.

BCRAVEN180_zps4f9c67ed.png

• 1 year later...

My alma mater had a winning season this past 2014 football, 7-3, first winning season and playoffs since 1992.

Watching a highlight from the season on KQTV-2 (St. Joseph, MO) and they had my concept logo up on the screen

for my alma mater. I know that my old high school has not officially adopted the logo - they must of gotten it off the web.

See for your self...

MHlogo_KJversion_zpsc19848af.png

Archived