Can anyone please help me?

Sauce12

Hey there,

I'm new to the forums and I really love this site. Now here's my question: Can anyone tell me how to make arched nameplates like in this Avalache concept? I just can't figure out a way to do it, so any help will be appreciated!JackMartineau-AvalancheConcept1.png

What version of Word are you using? It's easier in '03 and '07, but can be done in any version. At the very least, here's how you do it in Word 2010.

1. Go to Insert tab

2. Click Word Art under Text

3. Select one of the fancy letter A's; it doesn't matter which

4. In the text box that comes up, type your desired text

5. Select the font, boldness, italicisation, color, etc.

6. If you're working in 2010, you'll have to get rid of all the fancy effects, so select your text, and on the Format tab on the far right, click Automatic under the Text Fill and Text Outline dropdowns, and go through all the options under Text Effects (Shadow, Reflection, etc.) until you come to the last one, Transform. Select Arch Up under Follow Path.

7. If you want the text on a colored background, go to Insert, Shapes, and draw a rectangle around the text. Format the rectangle to be the color of your jersey, and then right click, and under "Send to Back," click "Send behind text."

8. Use snipping tool or the PrintScrn button to get a screen capture of the name. Paste it into Paint.

It's a little different in 2007. If you need, I can show you the differences.

Alternatively, you can download Gimp for free and use the cage transform tool, but Gimp has a bit of a steep learning curve.

Hope this helps.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived