Going Mark Cuban on you!

MoJoTo

You people have to start making some coin with your work. There's a huge market out there for the kind of work some of you folks do. And the internet is the perfect medium for you to present you work.

Is anybody interested in an on-line logo design company - with a primary focus on sports and a secondary focus on whatever you'd like to it to be? I believe that there is fairly decent market out there for the on-coming rush of fantasy sports league and team design. Make it affordable so that everybody "has" to have a logo. The other market to capture is sports bars and their web sites. Bar owners would love to have a cool logo done for them.

Additionaly, there are huge, huge numbers of small companies that would love to have a logo, but just don't know where to go or how to get one done. I'm talkng about tradesmen such as roofers, plumbers, landscapers, etc.... A great market exists there.

I would front this concept, if anybody's interested. I don't have the design skills to do this and I wouldn't even attempt to do that. But what I can do is turn such a venture into a very profitable endeavor. I've done it twice before I retired in 1997 and I'm feeling the itch to take another run at it. What I'd need is a group of hungry, eager, talented designers.

Comments?

MoJoTo....

You give me a chance to master AI10 and I'm seriously open to listening to whatever you have in mind.The last several weeks I've been thinking of something really similar to how your idea sounds,so this is something I would be interested in.Heck,coaching is a thankless,fickle industry anyway,and I really should be using my artistic passion SOMEWHRE!

98Falcons.png

We've tried to work something like a collective design company out before, but it's never gotten anywhere past the planning stages. We've thought it through fairly extensively, with the help of some very astute members like yhollander, Brian in Boston, and some of the designers-by-trade who hang around here.

It might happen one day, but for now, many of us designers are in the stage where we are so overloaded with other things in life (school, or post-grad jobs where that basically rule your life) to the point where we wouldn't have the time to invest into getting it off the ground. I've always thought it'd be cool though, so maybe someday.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I believe that the old adage about everybody getting their 15 minutes of fame will be modified very soon. With today's technology and mass media options via the internet, everybody is going to need an identity - thus establlishing themselve to infinity and beyond that 15 minutes.

Small companies, sports bars, everybody that goes on any kind of forum ..... all prospects for their very own "identity". Tell a small businessman that you can whip him up a design for a fair price and I'll guarantee that you'll have a huge closing ratio in that scenario.

We've tried to work something like a collective design company out before, but it's never gotten anywhere past the planning stages. We've thought it through fairly extensively, with the help of some very astute members like yhollander, Brian in Boston, and some of the designers-by-trade who hang around here.

It might happen one day, but for now, many of us designers are in the stage where we are so overloaded with other things in life (school, or post-grad jobs where that basically rule your life) to the point where we wouldn't have the time to invest into getting it off the ground. I've always thought it'd be cool though, so maybe someday.

If I fronted this, it would be your job! I certainly wouldn't do it on a shoe string and without some very clear understanding of who's business it would be and who the employees are. I appreceate to know where your head is at, though. You're one of the more cerebral guys that I've run across on these forums.

And on a sadder note, I'm sorry to hear that you are overloaded with so many thing that rule your life. I myself would snap if I ever lost control of my own life that it was being ruled by somebody or something else. You a bigger man then I'll ever be.

Talk to ya' later, Sy.

Archived