Cincinnati Swarm Fantasy Concept

The Nati MacDaddy

This is my first post to the forum concepts page and I need help with uniform design and input on improving the Text logo for the Cincinnati Swarm Fantasy Football Team. Would also like to see some ideas of yours for Fantasy Baseball and Hockey using the original logo and color scheme. Thanks!

SwarmMetalFlakefaceleft_zps1f374205.pngSwarmTextlogo_zpsebcd5a9f.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you didn't have a seizure JTswag187. I presume you are talking about the background behind the helmet.

Thanks for the feedback DNAsports any thoughts on making this easier to read? I thought about adding the golden yellow color to each hexagonal tile that is used to form each letter and stay with a bolder brown border around each letter.

You don't have to be so literal or gimmicky with a wordmark. Think more about the feeling you want it to have.

BTW I love the hexagons forming the helmet stripe. Very Arena-League, in a good way.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for the feedback Whittier S. I guess I want the logo to produce a feeling of panic. Something like you've just stirred up a mess of trouble and now you're gonna get stung. I see what you are saying about the text being literal. Maybe I'll go a different route with the second letter "C" of Cincinnati and keep it like the other letters in the word.

The honeycomb wordmark is a really cool idea, and I give you a lot of credit for coming up with it, but it's entirely illegible.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The honeycomb stripe is awesome, but if I were you, I'd go more subtle with it. Think Seahawks pattern.

The logo itself is great, but it's a bit too busy for my taste. Think about the logo in terms of simple shapes and go from there - how well is someone going to recognize it if they're sitting far away.

The same goes for the wordmark. It's a great concept, but wordmarks should be something that's immediately readable. You've got some bold colors to work with, I'd go with a bold font choice. Conrad's got a bunch of killer fonts that could lend themselves well for you here.

I'm excited to see where this goes - you've got a good idea here. It just needs a little polish to go from good to great.

Thanks again to each set of eyes that are helping pull this together. I'll keep on swinging until I hit it out of the park. Let me know if I am getting closer with these next three redesigns involving solid colors with some outer strokes and outer glow and drop shadow layer styles. The logo itself is getting better in my opinion. I am still not sure about the font.

1SwarmText-redo2colorflipfont_zps11e9075a

2SwarmText-redo2nostrokearoundfont_zps22e

3SwarmText-redo2_zps9575d7fd.png

The wordmark shouldn't be a total representation of the mascot of the team. Look at the Charlotte Hornets new wordmark. IMO that's an awesome wordmark. Shows the team name with a subtle addition of a 'stinger' to the ends of the word. You need to keep it simple. Maybe a regular font with a honeycomb pattern inside

Thanks Mr. Wonka I just looked at some cool stuff from the Hornets new logo. I really like the honeycomb design of their new court, as well as the thorax of the hornet having the appearance of a basketball. I'll keep tweaking this wordmark until I get it right. I am having a tough time getting the hexagonal shape out of my head. I am going to try your suggestion with the hexagon shape at the end of the letter "i" in Cincinnati and the letter "m" in swarm and get a new redisgn up to have you give it your opinions. IMO your O is right on the mark. Thanks again.

Thanks to all of your input I think I am getting close to the warning track and hopefully I will soon be clearing the fences with the next few tries. I am loving this forum. It is making me better as long as I listen and quit being so stubborn. Keep blasting me if i need it. I want to do quality work. Who knows someone may see a design and want to purchase it someday. By the way the font that I used is one called Air Milhouse from a free font site. I did skew it to the right just a bit.

SwarmText-redo5_zps8f3e24ca.png

How do I clean up the letter S but still keep the airbrushed effect of the swarm? Should I remove the stroke around the S? I am working in Adobe photoshop 7.0 do I need to work in a different program? Possibly Adobe Illustrator.

I am not having an easy time getting sharp crisp lines if that is what you mean by cleaning it up. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Archived