Cincinnati Swarm Fantasy Concept

The Nati MacDaddy

do research on other logos...see how they handled things. i really like your concept. i understand its your logo and its for fun...but this logo could be awesome. take a look at your favorite logos...or the best rated logos on this site. youll learn so much about art and how to execute your idea.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the latest on the redesign of the primary logo and logo on helmet. I removed the metalflake layer from the helmet and feel that it cleaned it up nicely. I am seeing progress. Hopefully you can see your advice to me paying off. I want this concept to go beyond a fantasy football team concept. I am trying to shoot high and target a possible NFL expansion team that could be located in Salt Lake City Utah Utah is called the Bee Hive State. I think that the wordmark and letter "C" in my original design could easily be converted to read the Utah Swarm with a letter "U" as part of the primary. Maybe I'm just dreamin' but if I don't at least attempt it I will never know. Wayne Gretzky is quoted as saying "You miss 100% of the shots that you never take" I love this quote. Keep the feed back coming. I know that is helping. TY

Swarmhelmetlogoredesign5_zpse41d4a16.pngSwarmMetalFlakefaceleftredesign2_zpsf0a1

Here is the latest on the redesign of the primary logo and logo on helmet. I removed the metalflake layer from the helmet and feel that it cleaned it up nicely. I am seeing progress. Hopefully you can see your advice to me paying off. I want this concept to go beyond a fantasy football team concept. I am trying to shoot high and target a possible NFL expansion team that could be located in Salt Lake City Utah Utah is called the Bee Hive State. I think that the wordmark and letter "C" in my original design could easily be converted to read the Utah Swarm with a letter "U" as part of the primary. Maybe I'm just dreamin' but if I don't at least attempt it I will never know. Wayne Gretzky is quoted as saying "You miss 100% of the shots that you never take" I love this quote. Keep the feed back coming. I know that is helping. TY

Swarmhelmetlogoredesign5_zpse41d4a16.pngSwarmMetalFlakefaceleftredesign2_zpsf0a1

Dude you just made a huge improvement. Great job. I would simplify the hive a bit more. As in, the outline of the rows are thicker on the outside but as the row outlines come into the middle they get thinner? I'm just trying to find a way to make it 'sharper' I think it's a little bit too round when I think it should have a crisper sharper feel if you understand what I'm saying.

Vast improvement over your previous versions! It's really starting to come together. I think if you make the honeycomb a little less pronounced & eliminate the ridges (making it more round) your C will become more visible. If I have a little time I'll do a quick sketch to show you what I'm talking about to give you a better idea. Looking good so far!

Google image search key word Swarm logo is how I found the hornet/bee graphic. It appealed to me the most. I realize that if I were ever try to market this concept that the art work has to be original. I would love to know the steps involved in getting my work trademarked, copyrighted,and registered or whatever the rinside the circle means. I have many other concepts cooking but I will focus on this one first. Is it getting better? Worse? or just staying put?

Should I stay with a less detailed single insect or try multiple to bring out the idea of a swarm?

By the way Funkatron101 I don't understand why I received a warning for spamming from a moderator on thie Concept forum. I don't want this to happen again so can you explain the protocol for replying to your thread on Brooklyn nets concept. If it is an older post am I not allowed to reply? I hope no one kicks me off.

It's generally frowned upon, I guess. It wasn't my doing, you would have to ask the moderators.

Another thing that is a frowned upon is taking other's work and slapping it on as your own. Especially without giving credit. Which is why I questioned the bee art.

Just some friendly advice.

As far as the concept goes...The S-hive logo has some potential. It is a much better direction than before. It still needs to be refined a lot. The C gets completely lost and the overall shape of the hive isn't very pleasing. I think a hexagon C would be more dynamic, or a cluster of hexagons.

Another idea would be to not go as literal. Try an egg shape, with black and yellow alternative lines through it. If done right, people will understand what it represents, and it will look more crisp. The key is to have the linework really compliment each other.

I really don't want to hijack your thread. This is your concept and it is rude of me to add my own work to it, but here is a quick example of trying to make all of the elements that you want to convey really stand out.

cs_zps60a71bbb.png

Each letter is clearly visible. The bee hive is not an accurate representation of what a real hive looks like, but the basic structure is there. People would identify it as such.

This would be my starting point. Then I would play with line widths, possible perspective or skewing to give it some depth.

If you want to focus on the bee hive, you really need to nail down the shape and work from there. Look at other artwork for inspiration.

Google image search key word Swarm logo is how I found the hornet/bee graphic. It appealed to me the most. I realize that if I were ever try to market this concept that the art work has to be original. I would love to know the steps involved in getting my work trademarked, copyrighted,and registered or whatever the rinside the circle means. I have many other concepts cooking but I will focus on this one first. Is it getting better? Worse? or just staying put?

Should I stay with a less detailed single insect or try multiple to bring out the idea of a swarm?

By the way Funkatron101 I don't understand why I received a warning for spamming from a moderator on thie Concept forum. I don't want this to happen again so can you explain the protocol for replying to your thread on Brooklyn nets concept. If it is an older post am I not allowed to reply? I hope no one kicks me off.

You won't get kicked off. Generally if a thread hasn't been active for a few months the artist is done with it, so it's best if you don't post in them.

I liked the hexagon C in front of the brown S thing you posted on page 2.

Also, props to you for taking he C&C very well, and making significant changes with each update

• 1 month later...

I have been away from this post for some time but I have been doing some other things that have had a higher priority. I also have been doing some of my own graphic design on this concept and it has taken quite some time to get it looking presentable. I am now ready to post 2 of my latest renderings for all of you to give it the spit shine that I know that it needs. It's been an arduous but pleasing process and I am seeing some of my own artwork starting to improve. Each of the following posts has the Primary, the Wordmark and an original graphic design to conserve on space. Please feel free to make more suggestions on how to improve this concept.

Swarmconcept1mainlogowordmarkandgraphic_Swarmconcept2mainlogowordmarkandgraphic_

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry, but I think you've taken a step back with this one. You really should just ditch the gradients and bevels you're using, use three colors (four tops), and SIMPLIFY. Your fonts don't need to be crazy, and your logos don't need so many pieces. Start basic, use one idea at a time. Try some more standard fonts. You're not doing a terrible job, and your work is not bad, but you need to move it closer to 'logo territory' because as of now it looks like a t-shirt design (as someone already pointed out). Keep at it, you're making progress! Also if that bee is a custom design, I'd try working with that to be a logo on its own.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived