High School Lion Logo Concept: Need C&C

dsaline97

I'm working on a concept for my school, Lutheran High School in Parker, Colorado, as a personal project in hopes of having it used some day in the future. Our athletic department has never had a true logo of a lion, rather a letterhead that doesn't work well in athletics, seen here:

404688_393047327432871_342539435_n.jpg?o

I took to creating an actual lion logo for the school:

LionSplitv1_zps7aa1363e.png

It's fairly rough, but I wanted to see what you thought and get some feedback on how I can improve this. I'm not fond of the mane highlights, and I'm not sure the transition between face-to-mane is perfect either.

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Everything you said you're not sure of, I'm actually a big fan of. The lines in the mane could use some smoothing, but I dig the stansition to the face. I would play around with the shape of the mouth, like GandolfofHoth mentioned it looks a bit like a "C" (unless that was your intention).

h188eng.gifB67CaTa.gif

D7vsnqb.png

I personally see a "C" created with the lions head, a Calgary Flames like feel, were you going for that? Otherwise I like it.

Everything you said you're not sure of, I'm actually a big fan of. The lines in the mane could use some smoothing, but I dig the stansition to the face. I would play around with the shape of the mouth, like GandolfofHoth mentioned it looks a bit like a "C" (unless that was your intention).

I agree with the comments that it looks like a "C."

Maybe you could try to incorporate the "L" and a cross into the logo in a subtle way.

Thanks! I definitely see the C, I'll try and make the mouth opening smaller.

I could try and work an L or a cross in, I'll see what can be done.

spacer.png

Archived