Intramural Logo

jshmiami96

A long story, but for our intramural sports teams we had a really streamlined look but because a Creative Commons image of a statue was traced as the basis of the logo, we ran into some issues with the licensing side (as I'm forced to share alike). I found a public domain image to trace to avoid those issues. It's a clear downgrade, but similar enough. I'll give you both the old and new logos to compare.

OLD

screen_shot_2014-12-19_at_9.47.27_am.png

NEW

screen_shot_2015-04-21_at_9.28.05_am.png

I want to find a way to make the new logo as good as the old. Any thoughts?

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

Too detailed, the lines of the hand are too thin, and there are too many colors in the palette. What if you did a logo with just the head? There's a bit too much going on here; going with the head would simplify it nicely.

rATMcmK.png

As "good as the old"? I don't think the old one looked much better. I would recommend trying a logo using just the head or a specific piece of it, instead of a clip-art rendition of the whole body.

bufg.png

As "good as the old"? I don't think the old one looked much better. I would recommend trying a logo using just the head or a specific piece of it, instead of a clip-art rendition of the whole body.

Fair point. I have been drawing logos my whole life on pencil and paper and I'm still trying to navigate Inkscape. Any tips on making the look more profiled?

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

• 1 month later...

Took your advice, would love to hear your thoughts.

screen_shot_2015-05-28_at_8.46.53_am.png

Archived