Hand-Drawn Soccer Concepts

rykochristie

My baseball concept was a flop so I thought I might give soccer a try instead...

Basically, I'm going to be posting my concepts out of 4 major leagues- Schlägesliga (Germany), Premiership Series (England/Wales), Liga Palillo (Spain) and Ligue de'Championnat (France). I will also be posting concepts from miscellaneous leagues and fictional national teams, but I'll get to that later...

First off, I have Viktoria Flussburgen from the Schlägesliga http://imgur.com/kKzlUIe (someone please post the actual pic, I haven't figured that out yet). Since I will be sticking with the Schlägesliga, here is the 2015 League Table, I'm alphabetical order-

.04 Angering

Adler Grivitz

Angelsburg .08

Birner Mohnhausen

Eintracht Mayschoss

Exhibition Klippender (promoted)

FC Eichholtz

FC Schulzburg

Girmonia Blaukreutz

Girmonia Neuenbruck

Kirchewald SC

Osterholzen .99

Rheinburger 1910 SV

SC Sixdorf (promoted)

Sportiv Monreal

VfB Hofenstadt

Viktoria Flussburgen

Vogtsburg VfB

As you can see by the crest, they were founded in 1932 and the gold star indicates three title wins, all which they won in their prime- 1976, 1978, and 1979, when they fielded Italian star Pascale Mastropasqua and International Cup hero Michael Zurstrassen. In the late seventies they were refered to as "Weinrote Riesen" or Maroon Giants, because of their maroon kits and dominant play. However, Mastropasqua returned to Italy in 1981 and Zurstrassen retired and it all went down hill from there. Bouncing between the top- and second- tier, Viktoria ended a 6 year Schlägesliga drout and earned promotion last year. With the help of new signings Valkan İnce and Stefan Wicht, Viktoria had a stellar 2014 season, finishing 6th and winning the final EuroLig spot- the second best preformance ever from a newly promoted club.

Starting Roster

GK- Ernst Rugger

F- Stefan Wicht

F- Robert Stiegemeyer

F- Francescão

MF- Geraldo Subacchi

MF- Valkan İnce

MF- Daniel Kobahn (on loan from Eichholtz)

MF- Klaus Bärther

D- Friedrich Gunder

D- Ander Kunne

D- Antonijn Rijkhoff

The home kit is just a plain white kit with red sleeve and torso outlining red and white being the colors of Flussburg, with . The clash is maroon with a red gradient stripe down the middle, to pay homage to the maroon jerseys worn in the late 70s. The third kit is just a slanted, striped black and white kit with all white sleeves. They kits are produced by Nike and sponsored by Alpine Crossing.

I have not fully developed all of the teams so if you have any ideas for motifs or sponsors that would be greatly appreciated, along with c&c. Also, tell me which Schlägesliga team you want next!

Fear the future, envy the past

• 2 weeks later...

kKzlUIe.jpg

(Right-click the image, press "Copy Image URL", and paste it onto here)

The designs aren't that bad at all, though I might suggest possibly making everything (the template, the rosters, etc.) larger, as it's a bit hard to see. Good start, though! :)

I am going to post an enlarged version tonight/tomorrow. Any comments on the backstory or roster?

I really don't have a problem with the rosters and backstory at all!

I would, however, tweak the name of the thread (maybe something like "rykochristie's Hand-Drawn Soccer Concepts") so people wouldn't confuse your concept thread with my concept thread. Just a thought~

(http://imgur.com/pPodfBY)

Here is a modified version of Flussburgen. If anyone else has more c&c it would be greatly appreciated. Hofenstadt is in the works and should be up before Friday. Inspired by McCraeWilliamsProductions's World Cup, my next project is a tournament of some of the fictional nations used in my leagues, with 16 teams. Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

pPodfBY.jpg

Here is a modified version of Flussburgen. If anyone else has more c&c it would be greatly appreciated. Hofenstadt is in the works and should be up before Friday. Inspired by McCraeWilliamsProductions's World Cup, my next project is a tournament of some of the fictional nations used in my leagues, with 16 teams. Stay tuned!

Archived