Corgi Logo

the_grateful_ted

Hello again guys, so I just needed some feedback on a couple of logos. 

MontaukPrimary_zpsimbtwnbu.png

So this is just your standard corgi face. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, I guess my main problem is with the eyes. Feedback is appreciated.

MontaukSecondary_zpsp9ovn0q2.png

This is just running/leaping corgi. Please TEAR THIS APART. I need help so desperately. I'd be willing to start from scratch with some ideas cause I have no idea what I'm doing with thus one.

Comments and lots of criticism are appreciated as always!

Like you said, on the first logo the problem is the eyes, you might want to think about who you are designing it for before you make them more fierce/cuddly, because right now they are kind of a mix. On the second logo, I think the problem is that the outline is too big, you might want to tone that down, and add some shading on the white parts. Just my $0.02. If you need help on the head, put a regular corgi head on one side, and the El Paso Chihuahuas logo on the other.

2 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

Like you said, on the first logo the problem is the eyes, you might want to think about who you are designing it for before you make them more fierce/cuddly, because right now they are kind of a mix. On the second logo, I think the problem is that the outline is too big, you might want to tone that down, and add some shading on the white parts. Just my $0.02. If you need help on the head, put a regular corgi head on one side, and the El Paso Chihuahuas logo on the other.

Thanks for the comments! I'm not sure what direction I'm going with this yet, probably want it to be kind of a mix for the time being. I've tried making the pupils or detailing "angry" or "cuddly" or whatever, but both just kinda distort it. I'll try trimming down the outline for a start, shading is a maybe I want no more than three colors. Thank you for the idea! I was using the new uccon husky head for inspiration before.

The running corgi looks sort of like a fox, mostly near the head. I think it would be great to have its tongue sticking out as it was running. I think you have a good start. Keep making sketches and it will start coming together!

The stand alone head logo looks pretty clean as is but can use some adjustments to give it more of a corgi look.  Issues are more with your leaping logo.  Having bold line work helps it stand out, thing is when bold lines are used more shading is involved also.  If you look at your logo closer you notice the far ear is shaded? That's how the far legs should be also. Right now that line you have separating the two front legs looks odd & if you look at it closer the far leg should be behind the body as well as behind the other leg which also throws it off.  I would use this current logo & reference photos/logos to make adjustments & redraw it on paper.  Pencil & paper are your best friend when it comes to artwork, IMO. You don't need to go digital right away, take your time with your sketch work so when you do go digital it will only require minor changes.  Again, always use reference photos as well for more accurate anatomy & design work. Keep at it, hope this helps a bit. 

On 5/6/2016 at 10:38 AM, rsaline said:

The running corgi looks sort of like a fox, mostly near the head. I think it would be great to have its tongue sticking out as it was running. I think you have a good start. Keep making sketches and it will start coming together!

Thank you! I will definitely get that tongue in for the next draft

20 hours ago, CrossDeblaze said:

ZWEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you?

9 hours ago, ren69 said:

The stand alone head logo looks pretty clean as is but can use some adjustments to give it more of a corgi look.  Issues are more with your leaping logo.  Having bold line work helps it stand out, thing is when bold lines are used more shading is involved also.  If you look at your logo closer you notice the far ear is shaded? That's how the far legs should be also. Right now that line you have separating the two front legs looks odd & if you look at it closer the far leg should be behind the body as well as behind the other leg which also throws it off.  I would use this current logo & reference photos/logos to make adjustments & redraw it on paper.  Pencil & paper are your best friend when it comes to artwork, IMO. You don't need to go digital right away, take your time with your sketch work so when you do go digital it will only require minor changes.  Again, always use reference photos as well for more accurate anatomy & design work. Keep at it, hope this helps a bit. 

Thank you so much! Extremely helpful, I'm going to attack this again with shading in mind, you all have been great expect another draft later this week;

Archived