Sign in to follow this  
dakotapalm

Happy Independence Day!

dakotapalm    190

I'm sure I missed a thing or two here, as I started making it before I really thought things out, but here- have a helmet flag (after all, helmets are what I do)!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

2017 July Flag PNG.png

JosiahWVU    306

That might... hold up... that is the coolest thing I've seen today.

Can we see it without the flag background. I think it would be cooler if it was solely the helmets giving the US flag effect.

dakotapalm    190
6 minutes ago, TheLogoManiac13 said:

Can we see it without the flag background. I think it would be cooler if it was solely the helmets giving the US flag effect.

I tried that first, but I think it loses something. Obviously, others' opinion may be different. Here you go:

595c13b4c3190_2017JulyFlagwhite.thumb.png.947d0f0ab69eb528bdfb39a9f8729a81.png

Just now, dakotapalm said:

I tried that first, but I think it loses something. Obviously, others' opinion may be different. Here you go:

595c13b4c3190_2017JulyFlagwhite.thumb.png.947d0f0ab69eb528bdfb39a9f8729a81.png

I love this! Great work!

I think it's better without the background. You still see what it means pretty clearly, but you have to actually see it, it's not forced on you by being across the stripes.

Two things I'd change, though, if you're looking for that. I'd reverse either the red or the white helmets top to bottom, as well as half the blue lines, to give it some more visual variety. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but if all the blue helmets were teams with white logos, it'd give the flag some star-like pieces to fit the flag.

dakotapalm    190
9 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I think it's better without the background. You still see what it means pretty clearly, but you have to actually see it, it's not forced on you by being across the stripes.

Two things I'd change, though, if you're looking for that. I'd reverse either the red or the white helmets top to bottom, as well as half the blue lines, to give it some more visual variety. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but if all the blue helmets were teams with white logos, it'd give the flag some star-like pieces to fit the flag.

This is close to what you suggested. I may further edit with a reversal of blue helmets. There are a surprisingly few number of blue helmet /white logo teams out there. Duke is one, but somehow, that didn't look right.

595d2cbc0ce6f_2017JulyFlag2.thumb.jpg.09f33b6cfaf596960227295c4ad0c1ea.jpg