B-Rich

Warriors to Keep Golden State Name Despite 2019 Move to San Francisco

Did the Giants ever even have the option to stay in New York? It is crazy to think that Fenway park is still around and it is a year older than Ebbets Field. I wonder how bad the conditions really were at these places and why they couldn't just renovate them.

13 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Did the Giants ever even have the option to stay in New York? It is crazy to think that Fenway park is still around and it is a year older than Ebbets Field. I wonder how bad the conditions really were at these places and why they couldn't just renovate them.

There's different factors that probably attributed to that.  For one, the Dodgers and Giants were going to forever be competing for #2 behind the Yankees whereas after the Braves moved to Milwaukee the Red Sox were the only team in town.  You also have stadium location issues where you had Ebbets Field which was constrained by the neighborhood while also not having any parking for all the fans that moved east into Long Island in the postwar suburban boom and the Polo Grounds where the neighborhood went to hell and the stadium deteriorated largely due to the Giants not actually owning the land that the park sat on.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:15 PM, the admiral said:

Never heard the DC area referred to as the National Capital Region. Ottawa, yeah.

DbvjwBlUwAE8BsJ.jpg

I will die on this hill.