Someone may be interested

Alphabet Man

i know many of you ppl dream on running or are running your own apparel/design company so someone may be interested in this on the Kombat Sports site it explains what they do to make the uniforms etc. it's just at the bottom of the main page and just click on the square pics....some are not complete but they are adding many new pages

here are the direct link to the pages:

About Us

Planning

Manufacturing

Art / Prepress

Embroidery

Printing (coming soon)

Sublimation (coming soon)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I had a look at the Kombat site, especially the footy jumpers page.

Virtually every design featured a North American team logo.

Eg SunCoast Power - Golden State Warrior

Wide Bay Bulls - Chicago Bulls

There was also Carolina Panthers, and a few college logos too.

What really interested me what this nasty looking little fella.

I'm sure I've seen this logo on these boards.

Is that correct?

105.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

yeah, alot of things are copied from NA logos...... i just ignore the logos and look at the main design ......these are Queenslanders so don't expect them to know much-especaially when they put logos on Aussie Rules jumpers.... (i think they did a lot of gooogling; cos they have a flames jersey in the Lawn Bowls section that i found in google)

yeah, alot of things are copied from NA logos...... i just ignore the logos and look at the main design ......these are Queenslanders so don't expect them to know much-especaially when they put logos on Aussie Rules jumpers.... (i think they did a lot of gooogling; cos they have a flames jersey in the Lawn Bowls section that i found in google)

I did a search on the teams, and in most cases they don't exist.

I think those are designs of what they could do, not what they have done.

I asked them or some graphics files and the guy told me he didn't know how to help me. I don't think he knew what an eps or ai file was. Which doesn't fill me with confidence about them.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

one of the pages it says they use Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw - not Illustrator which has been well documented as one of the best programs to use by members of CCSLC... i wouldn't say they are or would be as good as the bigger companies (especially when they don't know how to help people)

FWIW Kombat outfit a fair few basketball teams around the place, including a couple of the bigger teams (I wouldn't expect you to know anything about basketball, you're only a Victorian...none of your teams even made the semis last year. I won't even go on to AFL seeing as my Lions reamed the Saints pretty badly this season).

I personally wouldn't use Kombat, have heard they have big reliability problems. Their actual clothing is very good, but when left to their own devices to come up with something they tend to use existing logos (an example is a High School team here in Brisbane called Shailer Park Sting, Kombat made them these snazzy gold and blue basketball uniforms, with a Charlotte Sting logo larger than life on the front...original).

But yeah, their actual uniform designs are interesting. :)

I can understand how they may have AFL/NRL/SANFL etc permission to use certain Australian logos, but there's no way that use of NFL, NHL, and college logos can be above board...

Above all? Most of those jumpers are UGLY. VERY ugly.

gee... the only person that lives in rugby Territory around here likes the kings......but still goorjian should still be coaching the TITANS

and his company, AND1, dropped there sponsorship of the Melbourne Tigers because the Tigers wanted to give Gorrjian a special something before a game to honour what he did for Victorian Basketball....talk aobut arrogance

Yo Aussie, chill out man. I only bit you because you came off all half-assed about QLDers...truce? We should probably stick together in the face of all these Yanks :)

Just out of interest, do you other Aussies know of any decent uniform companies around the place? The only one I've used is Proball for basketball gear - they're top notch.

Just out of interest, do you other Aussies know of any decent uniform companies around the place? The only one I've used is Proball for basketball gear - they're top notch.

Vortex are alright..... my basketball uniform is made by them and it has lasted about 5 yeears (but my shorts are nearly footy short)- google search for them

Yo Aussie, chill out man. I only bit you because you came off all half-assed about QLDers...truce? We should probably stick together in the face of all these Yanks

well, last time i saw natural QLDers was at the footy- St Kilda-Kangaroos in 2002 i think and a group of them went to the Telstra Dome food joint and a few of them walked into the turnstile instead of pushing it!!! have you not heard the QLDers are dopey???

Yeah I guess, from my point of view the only Victorians I know are objectionable know-it-all wankers. I just wish they would leave QLD to the people who really live here and go home to their rainy, windy, miserable state.

Yeah, we have a nice slow pace to things here, doesn't mean all of us are bumpkins any more than meeting a few wanker-VICs means you're all like that.

There are a lot of good things about VIC. Being a basketball nut I especially appreciate your basketball heritage, but really, I don't think the rest of the country likes VICs.

Archived