Calgary flames concept

Frylock

I was inspired by a comment from leafs4ever in my WHA Concept thread about how if I added black to my Vancouver Blazers concept, it might make a good Calgary Flames concept.  So I gave it a try.  I wanted to put flames on the sleeve cuffs, but it kept looking like other Flames concepts with flames on the cuffs.  So, I left them off because I didn't want to intentionally or unintentionally copy anybody else's ideas.  Additionally, I did put the horse-head logo on the shoulders for continuity with their current jerseys.  But personally, I don't think they're necessary.  Anyhow, here's the concept...

--image removed, see below--

Template courtesy Roger Clemente, numbers courtesy Clemente/Snowcap, letters courtesy Clemente/Frylock, logos courtesy theSLE.com.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

You should consider adding black outlines to the numbers. I think the reason it would make such a nice concept for the Flames was the sleeve flames. Now that they are gone, it's just a jersey where colors could be changed for any team. It looks good, but I reccomend bringing them back. Don't worry about ripping someone off. It's a compliment to them that you are using the same idea, not to mention you have already posted that you recognize it.

STL -- Thank you for the feedback and the suggestions!  I've taken your advice and added black trim to the numbers, with the back numbers and name matching the current style they wear.  Second, I added the flames to the sleeves.  I think this jersey looks better than the previous one I posted.

CALH.jpg

Same credits as before...

STL -- Thank you!

Snowcap -- Do you mean contrasting against the red sleeves?  Just to kind of explain the trial and error I used...  I tried plain yellow flames, and it looked flat against the sleeves.  I also tried white flames trimmed in yellow, and I didn't think it looked good so close to the white numbers.  And yellow trimmed in black just didn't look good at all.  So, this is what I thought looked best out of all the variations I tried.

Archived