Detroit Red wings font

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffy_James

Jeffy_James

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted January 9, 2007 - 22:48

Whats the Detroit Red Wings font?? How do i get it?

thanks

#2 VitaminD

VitaminD
  • 74-inch DNA vector

• Members
  • 5,179 posts

Posted January 9, 2007 - 23:12

Whats the Detroit Red Wings font?? How do i get it?

thanks

If you are referring to the font used for sweater numbers and player names, track down a member named eriq_jaffe... there are links to a web page that will get you what you need. As far as vertically arching the player names, you're on your own there - simple geometry is the easiest way to go.
If you are referring to the font used by the Wings for their wordmark, it's a modified font whose name escapes me. For better (more eyes, more design experts) help, try this in the "General Design" section, in the "Name That Font" thread...
"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."
Posted Image

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

#3 Jeffy_James

Jeffy_James

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted January 9, 2007 - 23:28

this here

http://www.sportsdec...Wings_bp908.jpg

#4 slapshot

slapshot
  • Currently Active Diarrhea

• Super Mod
  • 13,536 posts

Posted January 9, 2007 - 23:49

Bookman Swash.

Buy it.
CCSLC Post of the Day, June 12, 2013

So I'm bi.

So, you like the Canadiens AND the Maple Leafs?
:P

#5 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted January 10, 2007 - 00:18

Horrible!

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami

#6 logodawg

logodawg
  • The Original replication of the Original

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted January 10, 2007 - 00:21

Horrible!

Yeah, that added a whole lot.
I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

#7 TCR

TCR
  • Needs Stripes

• Banned
  • 4,150 posts

Posted January 10, 2007 - 05:21

Bookman Swash on the wordmark (you have to buy it, though there's a passable freeware "BrookmanSwash" out there, but it's almost too swashy and it gets in the way), a thinner varsity block for names, which are arched.
English uses the possessive clitic -'s to mark possession. When it is used after a plural noun ending in -s it is reduced to an apostrophe ('). Thus, bus's means 'that which belongs to a bus', but buses' means 'that which belongs to a number of buses'. However, traditionally, certain classical, but not modern, names that end in -s also use the apostrophe-only clitic to mark the possessive. This is the case with Jesus, where the possessive is Jesus'. The two words, with and without an apostrophe, are pronounced exactly the same. Only the context determines whether the possessive is being used or not in speech. However, Jesus's, the form that would be dictated by strict application of the standard rule, is also seen today.

If it is ever needed, the plural (belonging to a number of Jesuses) would be Jesuses'.