Some modern updates to some classic Utah uniforms

dahlelama

I don't think I have posted my Utah Uniform HIstory here before.

The reason I made it was to see if Utah has a traditional uniform set. It appeared to me that there wasn't. The uniforms tended to follow uniform trends. So I took 3 of my favorite uniforms and i've updated them to what they would look like if Utah used something similar today.

1963update.jpg

All color combinations

1985update.jpg

All color combinations

1992update.jpg

All color combinations

Lately it's been popular to put the strips on the under shirts the players wear.

armstripes.jpg

1985 is a winner. Maybe add the drum logo to the helmet?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As a Utes die-hard, I love 'em all and wouldn't mind it in the least if any one of these designs were adopted. I probably would do away with the black helmet, but I'm cool with everything else. It's really hard to choose just one, but if I had to, I think I'd go with the '92 set. Though again, I'd be very fine with any one of these hitting the field. Great work.

EDIT: One critique I do have though, I think crimson or white socks and shoes would be a better route than black, save of course for the blackout set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

How will I know I'm watching the Utes if all the undershirts dont have lightning bolts or digi-camo on 'em?!

That said, 92 is a big winner for me. That would be a guaranteed standout in a rather uninspiring uniform history.

On the sleeve Drum and Feather; haven't the Utes historically mirrored it when it appears on the left-side of a uniform? Obivously on the helmet they do. I'm pretty sure they have on the hip, as well. Even so, a pathetically minor quibble. ^_^

GREAT work.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived